Now you're ****ing with me....

Autoit is being an ass in ways i can not even understand!

After some introduction to other files via #include, i make my first actual move:

IniWrite($gIniPath,$Ini2,"SCORE",0.00001)
MsgBox(1,"",IniRead($gIniPath,$Ini2,"SCORE","x")) ;this is for debugging

What i, and any normal, sane person would expect, is the message box to show 0.00001, right?

I mean, it's not like it's some sort of hugeass mathematic equation. WE DO NOT EXPECT 5321535243213544654633452 IN THERE, DO WE?!?!?!

I'm not trying to teleport a human to mars, just input 0.00001 in a designated (sp?) area in an INI file. Is it REALLY too much to ask for?!

Apparently, it is, because when i run the script, i get 1e-005 in the message box.

I'm no big math-man, i only estimate this means 1/105.

But here's the thing, while it might be mathematically equal, i would like to have the "longer" version as i actually need it to be in the way i specifically ordered. At least i believe i was specific enough.

suggestions on how i can make it think in inefficient human 4th grade math instead of great and mighty computer math please?

The first thought that came to my mind when I read your post was: "How long does this guy want to stay on this forum?"

You might be upset because AutoIt doesn't do what you want. Fine. But you definitely choose the wrong words!

But in real you just don't understand 100% how AutoIt works.

So for short: Insert your number as a string. That's it! Then search the help file and the forum to understand how AutoIt treats numbers.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Sorry, I got a bit passionate with my anger here, but that's because i was fighting against this problem for a few days and after i thought of adding that message box in the very beginning this morning, i just stared with pure refined hate towards the amazing cold efficiency of the computer.

Also, it took me a bit more time to understand what exactly 1e-005 means as my calculator describes this as 1e-5

Wow. This will be fun to watch.

Way to go asking for help by acting as if you're liable to shoot anyone willing enough to approach.

If you want someone to blame, blame the people that came up with the data format for floating point numbers. They're the ones that made it so that we can represent smaller and larger numbers without resorting to having a data type that has bits up the wazoo. They're the ones you're after.

Edited by omikron48

• Developers

Sorry, I got a bit passionate with my anger here, but that's because i was fighting against this problem for a few days and after i thought of adding that message box in the very beginning this morning, i just stared with pure refined hate towards the amazing cold efficiency of the computer.

Also, it took me a bit more time to understand what exactly 1e-005 means as my calculator describes this as 1e-5

Next time you make a post like you did in this thread I will ban you.

I am really fed up with your "over the top" threads where its obvious that you either have been drinking or, as you stated several time, are deprived of sleep.

Now either start thinking and post decent questions or go somewhere else....

Am I clear enough for you?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)