Any differnce in Excel.au3 vs. ExcelCOM_UDF.au3

meatsack

This post advises "The first thing to say is that I don't get the error. How new is your ExcelCOM_UDF au3 file? Try getting the newest version here and retrying. " http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71208&view=findpost&p=521512 I am so new to this it doesn't seem obvious. It appears some sample scripts require the use of the ExcelCOM_UDF.au3 instead of the Excel.au3 UDF library.

I understand that EXCEL.au3 is a subset of EXCELCom.au3. EXEC.au3 is the code that made it into standard AutoIt (with helpfile, examples, SciTE integration etc.).

I had to use EXCELCom for some of my scripts because I needed the extended functions.

You can't use both of them at the same time because of identical function names.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I understand that EXCEL.au3 is a subset of EXCELCom.au3. EXEC.au3

You can't use both of them at the same time because of identical function names.

Oh, that sounds complex. EXCEL.au3, EXCELCom.au3. EXEC.au3 I will try and remember not to have more than one on the include line at one time. I assume the same goes for ExcelCom_UDF.au3 ? Thanks for helping me out with a response.

Sorry, there is a type in my previous post. There are only two UDFs around.

One is Excel.au3 which is included in "standard" AutoIt. The other is ExcelCOM.au3 which can be downloaded from the forum.

I understand that Excel.au3 is a subset of ExcelCOM.au3.

Stay with Excel.au3 as long as possible. If you need more functions replace Excel.au3 with ExcelCOM.au3.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Sorry, there is a type in my previous post. There are only two UDFs around.

One is Excel.au3 which is included in "standard" AutoIt. The other is ExcelCOM.au3 which can be downloaded from the forum.

I understand that Excel.au3 is a subset of ExcelCOM.au3.

Stay with Excel.au3 as long as possible. If you need more functions replace Excel.au3 with ExcelCOM.au3.

So I take it there is no such thing as "ExcelCOM_UDF.au3" or it is obsolete? Thanks for helping me out. I am just trying to make sure the UDF I am using has the _ExcelCopy() function. I just want to copy something to my clipboard and dump it somewhere else later on.

#include <Excel.au3> #include <ExcelCOM_UDF.au3> $sFilePath = "c:\test.xls" $sFile1 = "test.xls" $oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen($sFilePath, 0, 0)   _ExcelCopy($oExcel, A1:C5)
Edited by meatsack

I think the names are used synonymous

I use the following when I need more than AutoIt has included.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki