Just a question about autoit

I'm not sure what you mean. You can't do 2 things at once.

$i = $i + 1
$z = $z + 1

$i is added before $z, you can't have something like.

$i = $i + 1, $z = $z + 1

If I'm understanding you correctly. Only other thing I can think of is.

For...
   For...
   Next
Next

While 1
   While 1
   Wend
Wend

But you said not loops inside loops.

Edited by Burrup

qq

I'm not sure what you mean. You can't do 2 things at once.

$i = $i + 1
$z = $z + 1

$i is added before $z, you can't have something like.

$i = $i + 1, $z = $z + 1

If I'm understanding you correctly. Only other thing I can think of is.

For...
   For...
   Next
Next

While 1
   While 1
   Wend
Wend

But you said not loops inside loops.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I mean something like the thing that you said can not be done. Like for exsample calling two or more functions at the same time. I was thinking about making a PACMAN game, and was just gathering info to figure out how I would having different pictures updating at the same time. Like a way to have the ghosts moving even if the player is not moving. Like having the ghosts running around at random and not just move only when the player moves and in responses to the player. I may not make this game and if I do it should be a while.

compile your loop into another executable and have autoit trigger it and then close it when its not needed.

autoit can both open and close executables

dont know if that will do what you want to do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Think this may work for what I am thinking about. I just would have to use control ID's for it to interact with the GUI that is runing from the other script(Program).

you can make it, with spaning another copy of you .exe and start both

be sure to get 2 image of you .exe in memory and past msg between then with the clipboard or the environement system.

sorry im french

you understand?

GreenseedMCSE+I, CCNA, A+Canada, QuebecMake Love Around You.

maby this will help you. if not then well ... not.

in this code i am giving the command to speak

AND

show a message box at the same time

all in one .exe

(the code is sloppy but it works :">)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10985

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

I don't see what your saying in your script... Its just like going,

SoundPlay ( "filename.wav")
Msgbox(0,"","")

Am I playing the sound and showing a message box at the same time? Yes but the commands are not executed at the same time.

qq

SoundPlay ( "filename.wav")
Msgbox(0,"","")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes but now try

$talk = ObjCreate("SAPI.SpVoice")
$talk.Speak("A really long example sentence to proove my point.")
Msgbox(0,"","")

first it will talk, and when its done, then it will give the message box.

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

in this code i am giving the command to speak

AND

show a message box at the same time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

first it will talk, and when its done, then it will give the message box.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

? Edited by Burrup

qq

$talk.Speak("A really long example sentence to proove my point.")
Msgbox(0,"","")

is just to proove that you are wrong.

and in my scipt there is a work around for this problem

by calling itself w/ a parameter

What point? Arn't you just proving me right??? If you are 'right' then it would talk and display a message box at the same time, but no, it doesn't. It talks and THEN displays the message box... thus proving my original qoute correct. You cant do 2 things at once in the same script.

qq

What point? Arn't you just proving me right??? If you are 'right' then it would talk and display a message box at the same time, but no, it doesn't. It talks and THEN displays the message box... thus proving my original qoute correct. You cant do 2 things at once in the same script.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats why you need to look at my SCRIPT not just the snippet i posted in this topic

heres an example of the work around:

(you need to compile it before it works since run cant run .au3's)

#NoTrayIcon

If StringInStr(String('' & $CmdLineRaw), "-box") Then
    MsgBox(0, 'i win', 'and you do not')
    Exit
EndIf

If @error Then
    Exit
EndIf

Run(@ScriptFullPath & " -box")
$talk.Speak("I win and you loose give it up.")

Ok then, Can you please give me an example where you do not use COM.

Edit: Can you please give me an example where you do not use COM AND you don't need to compile... :(

Edited by Burrup

qq

how about 2 message boxes ?

#NoTrayIcon

MsgBox(0, '', 'look the 1st message box')
    Exit
EndIf

Run(@ScriptFullPath & " -box")
MsgBox(0, '', "look the 2nd message box")

#NoTrayIcon

Exit
EndIf

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c start ' & @ScriptFullPath & " -box")

works only if you have the default action for .au3 files set to RUN

if that is not the case i do not think it is possible w/o compile.

edit:

#NoTrayIcon

Exit
EndIf

$exe = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt", "InstallDir") & '\AutoIt3.exe '
Run($exe & @ScriptFullPath & " -box")

is also possible

edit 2:

this also prooves that you are wrong in your oddometer thread

1. I am not sure how the hibernation bug is related, as you said once a message box appears it pauses the entire script, meaning that it is impossible to have more than one message box at any one time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by w0uter

Exactly. When I made my statement about not being able to do 2 thigns at once I was taking into consideratio nthe current situation and didn't think that someone would make a fuss about how I am 'wrong', When the only way you can get it to work is not have it compiled AND blah AND blah and blah and blah and blah... I doubt when someone wants to perform the above 'action' or test/run/code/debug there script they can be bothered to compile it each time.

And just to prove my point again. AutoIt, just as any other language, AutoIt isn't a language but thats besides the point, performs functions/commands in chronological order... meaning up, down, left, right. Meaning that they only real way to do this is to have 2 different scripts.

The example you provided still performs up, down, left, right, just as any other example you will try and pass as 'right'. It is mierly an illusion.

Edit: BTW none of your example you have provided have worked at all... with 3.1.1.19 tested.

Edit2: There you go again twisting my words again, Odometre.... In relation to my program, and yes a message box DOES, repeat keyword DOES pause a script, once the message box has been created you can not bypass it until you have clicked 'ok' or whatever. In my script, which again, as before is correct. Not trying to disguise it by compiling it and such.

Edit3: Incase I forget, none of your example you have provided have worked at all, again key words are... at all.

Edited by Burrup

qq

Edit: BTW none of your example you have provided have worked at all... with 3.1.1.19 tested.

i also got 3.1.1.19 and they work fine on my pc.

exept the one that req to have the default action at run.

since i have SciTE.

btw im not trying to fight you or anything.

Edited by w0uter