chrome automation - chrome.au3 ?

I would like to know how I can get the equivalent of ie.au3's functionality for chrome... and I'm lost.

I've got the classname for the HTML Rendering window, but how do I access the controls created under it by each page?

I don't even know where to start, so any thing to get me on my way would be useful.

We have the great IE.au3 UDF because Microsoft chose to expose a COM interface to the DOM in IE, and Dale put a very usable AutoIt function wrapper on that.

There is a FF.au3 UDF for Firefox only because you can install a plug-in for FF that exposes a COM interface that is not normally there.

So, the question is: Does Chrome expose a COM interface, or allow a plug-in that will? The question would be the same if you want to use AutoIt scripting with Safari, Opera, etc. What API does it expose that AutoIt can use?

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Way over my head this sort of stuff, but found this.

ChromeWatir has an API similar to Watir and used to drive Google Chrome browser. As of now it works in Windows platform. The support for other platforms will be worked on once Chrome browser gets ported to other platforms like Linux and OSX.

http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/ChromeWatir

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this is useful for you http://bitbucket.org/kzys/chrome-repl/wiki/Home

(works similar to MozRepl which is used in FF.au3)

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

• 3 years later...

As far as I know ther is no UDF for Chrome right now.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

My current view is that Google does not trust external access to Chrome, refuses to expose the DOM to external programs and therefore requires the user to install a plugin for each application.

I strongly doubt that the NPAPI even allows exposure to external programs.

Annoying as it is to have this restriction - it does make the browser more secure.