Making a Spreadsheet like control without excel

I want to make a spreadsheet object without having to have excel installed.

Options using .dll calls to make a control are fine, I just dont want to have to have excel installed.

Also want to know how to write data to them?

If this doesnt work out i guess i could always use a list view :mellow:

but this would be cool

[center][/center][center]=][u][/u][/center][center][/center]

thank you my one other question is how to make a GUI pop up when this "row" of data is double clicked?

So like to allow editing of data in the rows, but one of the fields is gonna have like multiple pieces of data....

like multiple names associated with that row.

Basically im trying to make a customized sql file viewer.

Where the data is stored in a file in sql format and then read/edited by my program, without the need for a mysql server to be running, just a db file.

so like

info | info2 | info3 | name1!name2!name3

info | info2 | info3 | name1!name2!name3

info | info2 | info3 | name1!name2

then if you double clicked on the first row it would bring up a dialouge with all that info, only that the names would be in a list view of their own

with a add/remove button to add names to the list to associate with the data.

I just need to know how to make double click show a box or do an event.

also how to change the color of each row.

[center][/center][center]=][u][/u][/center][center][/center]

also i have it looking the way i want but i can only edit the first peice of data

You could make your own. There is an example of one I started here. Each cell is a label and you could make them multiline for more lines of data.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I just need to launch a GUI with the info from that row on double click, it doesn't need to be editable from the list view as of right now.

Have you searched for +listview+doubleclick?

No? :mellow:

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.