SQLite Encryption: SQLCipher

plastix

Hi all.

I finally decided to start using SQLite from AutoIt. I needed to secure some database items so encrypted them pre-storage in DB. This is fine on a security level, but it makes querying on these fields (unless looking for a specific entry) difficult.

I decided to look into SQLite encryption modules etc, then stumbled on SQLCipher, which is available on a ...'BSD-style license' here

Before I try to download the various IDEs / compilers and additional libraries and hopefully pull off creating a Win32 binary/DLL of this SQLite addon I wondered whether anyone had already checked this out with any success? :mellow: If so, let us know how simply it is to create the relevant binary (or better still attach it :() and any tips / tricks / hints...

TIA :lol:

Edited by plastix

It's pretty easy..all you need is mingw compiler, msys environment and openssl.

TCL and Perl might be required for the build process (should be in path).

Put everything in corresponding directories.

Then it's just a matter of running the ./configure script..(check docs)

If you link with libcrypto.a (static openssl lib) and then compress

using upx, sqlite3.dll is about 500kb..

One important thing to know: it is NOT recommended to encrypt

an existing database - you have to attach it and then copy tables

over into encrypted db.

Here's the DLL file four you - of course WITHOUT any warranties.

Anyway you should try to compile it yourself - for sake of learnin stuff etc.

http://ifile.it/zavcrn5

You may also try System.Data.SQLite.dll as it's ready to use.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

You may also try System.Data.SQLite.dll as it's ready to use.

Oh, wow... that's cool. Might have to play with the new toy a little.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

One nice sideway bonus is that there are third-party SQLite DB managers that offer support for it as well, like SQLite Expert Pro and possibly others. I use this product 24/7 and I know it lets you choose between linked SQLite, an externally supplied version as .dll or System.Data.SQLite.dll.

So you can use it to hammer your database(s), change/test design, move tables around, import/export data, test queries extremely easily without writing actual code and have the same environment in your AutoIt application. I do that with SQLite, Pervasive and a couple of other formats and it rocks compared to other solutions.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Thanks all. Appreciate the replies / attachments. Hadn't come across the system.data.sqlite.dll ADO implementation... the SQLcipher is closer to my requirements - thanks DanielSchrott for attaching a compiled version - i will try and compile myself if tests with this DLL work out ok.

Thanks again all :mellow:

• 1 year later...