Learning autoit to make a bot

sealed4

Hi. I've decided to pick up a language to learn as a hobby.. My ultimate goal is to create a leveling bot in an mmo. I don';t know much about autoit and at first I was hoping to pick up on c++ but it seems autoit is alot more newbie friendly...

Would i be able to accomplish such a task if i were to pick up on autoit instead of c++. Thanks!

reading what you have just said (and making note of the announcement Valik posted)

I don't think you will find much help on this topic.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

whatever Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Moderators

sealed4,

Learning to program as a hobby is an excellent idea - and AutoIt is a very good language in which to start. You will also find a lot of very helpful people here on the forum to get over the difficult moments you are sure to have! :mellow:

However, as kaotkbliss and MvGulik have pointed out, we do not welcome those who try to bot games. Why?

Firstly because the gamers here (of whom I am not one) do not like playing on uneven fields.

Secondly, and more importantly, because AutoIt is used by many all over the world to help them in their everyday tasks and it is more than annoying when compiled scripts or the main interpreter are marked as malware because some script kiddie has used AutoIt in an unsuitable manner.

So we take a reasonably high moral stand and do not support any such requests for help.

Please do stay and learn AutoIt as a hobby - it is great fun - but do not expect much slack if you try to get help for your stated aim.

Your decision! :(

M23

Edit: Another post sneaked in while I was typing!

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

sealed4,

Learning to program as a hobby is an excellent idea - and AutoIt is a very good language in which to start. You will also find a lot of very helpful people here on the forum to get over the difficult moments you are sure to have! :mellow:

However, as kaotkbliss and MvGulik have pointed out, we do not welcome those who try to bot games. Why?

Firstly because the gamers here (of whom I am not one) do not like playing on uneven fields.

Secondly, and more importantly, because AutoIt is used by many all over the world to help them in their everyday tasks and it is more than annoying when compiled scripts or the main interpreter are marked as malware because some script kiddie has used AutoIt in an unsuitable manner.

So we take a reasonably high moral stand and do not support any such requests for help.

Please do stay and learn AutoIt as a hobby - it is great fun - but do not expect much slack if you try to get help for your stated aim.

Your decision! :(

M23

Edit: Another post sneaked in while I was typing!

Hi. Thanks for the reply.. I just read the stickied post. So i understand discussion of bots relating to mmos is not allowed and i apologise for missing that!

" If you create a thread to automate a game you need to make sure the game doesn't explicitly forbid it and that it does not feature multiplayer"

Thats a quote by the mod.. So let me rephrase my original post by asking...

So if i want to create a bot in an offline game that doesnt forbid it, would autoit be capable of performing such a task just as well as c++ ?

Im also finding it hard to find full tutorialss on autoit.. c++ has tons but autoit seems to lack there! Could someone please link me to a decent one. Thanks!

Hi. Thanks for the reply.. I just read the stickied post. So i understand discussion of bots relating to mmos is not allowed and i apologise for missing that!

" If you create a thread to automate a game you need to make sure the game doesn't explicitly forbid it and that it does not feature multiplayer"

Thats a quote by the mod.. So let me rephrase my original post by asking...

So if i want to create a bot in an offline game that doesnt forbid it, would autoit be capable of performing such a task just as well as c++ ?

Im also finding it hard to find full tutorialss on autoit.. c++ has tons but autoit seems to lack there! Could someone please link me to a decent one. Thanks!

Rephrasing your question doesn't make us less suspicious as we still know your original intention. However, since you aren't directly asking for help in a bot, I'll tell you that the help file has plenty of examples which help, as does the Example Scripts section.

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

• Moderators

sealed4,

It would certainly be "easier", although I would hesitate to say "as capable" given the very different nature of the languages. But I am constantly amazed at what AutoIt can do with its native code.

However, do bear in mind that a lot of the more experienced members here do not offer help to any post that even hints that it might be game-oriented. You might be as pure as the driven snow in your intentions, but a lot of people out there are not - and, as I said earlier, we try to guard AutoIt as much as we can so that legitimate users do not find their hard work eliminated by over-zealous AV companies reacting to a complaint about a bot somewhere. As well as a myriad of hobbyist coders, I have helped users in schools, universities, hospitals, public service, big business, etc who use AutoIt code on a daily basis to help in their work - I for one do not want to see their lives made more difficult, especially as I know to whom they will address their immediate complaints! :lol:

Again I emphasise the fun of learning AutoIt as a hobby - and the wealth of experience and talent you will find here on the forum to help you get over the bumps on the way. Coding in any language involves logical thinking, problem solving, imagination, lateral thinking and many other ways to exercise your "little grey cells". I run AutoIt scripts all day, every day to facilitate my interaction with the big silver box under my desk. You want it to do things your way rather that the way Bill Gates (or whosoever) wanted it - then code a small wrapper so that it does!

That is more than enough from me...over to you to decide! :mellow:

If you want a bit more information to help you make the right decision.....

Im also finding it hard to find full tutorialss on autoit..

Then you were not looking very hard! I would recommend that you start by reading the Help file (at least the first few sections - Using AutoIt, Tutorials and the first couple of References) - this will help you enormously. You could also look at the excellent tutorials that you will find here and here. There are even video tutorials on YouTube if you prefer watching to reading.

Hope to see you around. :(

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area