how to put window on top of directx

I am faced with a problem on making my autoit window appear as a child window on a 3rd party app that uses a class called "DxWndClass". Is there a general solution to making controls appear on top of directx controls?

here's the code im using to embed the gui onto the window. i notice that the directx is drawing over it. solution?

$Child_GUI = GUICreate("", $clientsize[0], $clientsize[1], 0, 0, $WS_POPUP)
DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetParent", "hwnd", WinGetHandle($Child_GUI), "hwnd", WinGetHandle($list[$n][0]))
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Child_GUI)
Edited by Hypertrophy

I don't know if this is what you want, but in your GuiCreate line you can use the $WS_EX_TOPMOST extended style that will force the window to be on top of anything else.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

as mentioned in another thread dealing with window issues there may be a valid solution... why not embed the window into a gui? then you can make it fullscreen and always on top. granted it wont be TRUE full screen like direct x is..because you will still see the task bar at the bottom, but this is close.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

as mentioned in another thread dealing with window issues there may be a valid solution... why not embed the window into a gui? then you can make it fullscreen and always on top. granted it wont be TRUE full screen like direct x is..because you will still see the task bar at the bottom, but this is close.

how do i do this?