Tell a window its active while its not

nuki

hey guys, i got a bit complicated topic

i got a game wich i run in window mode, but it only refreshes while the window is active

that means, if i open my browser for example the game window freezes till i get it active again

the game doesnt freeze, just the graphics

but i want to keep watching the game while i do other things

so is it possible to "lie" to a window that its active while its actually not?

thanks for any help in advance :mellow:

I understand this is not what you want, I just try to help you keep this topic alive and made a suggestion. You don't sound very grateful, go and search the documentation yourself...

Edited by d4ni

I understand this is not what you want, I just try to help you keep this topic alive and made a suggestion. You don't sound very grateful, go and search the documentation yourself...

sry if it didnt sound somehow, it wasnt meant to -__-

still need an answer please! anyone?

greets

• Developers

Correct me if I am wrong but you have supplied the answer to your own question so why bother posting it here and be impatient about it?

This is the AutoIt3 forum... no miracles can be expected here.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Correct me if I am wrong but you have supplied the answer to your own question so why bother posting it here and be impatient about it?

This is the AutoIt3 forum... no miracles can be expected here.

Jos

how did i answer it? :S

i want to "emulate" the active flag or something ... dunno how to call it

i want more than 2 windows to be active at the same time...

i want a window to think its active, even its not actually

i think this is possible somehow :mellow:

greetings

• Developers

i think this is possible somehow :mellow:

Windows can only have one window that has the focus so keep on dreaming but this is NOT an AutoIt3 Script/syntax question.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

it mustn be shown as active for the user, but the program must think its active...

im very sure thats possible somehow and i bet in some c++ forums or whatever someone could tell me how to do it

but im asking if its possible with autoit, and thats why its autoit related too :mellow:

please only post if you know how to do it, or if u know a hint wich would help me to go on, or if you know exactly 100% its definately not possible in any way or programming language *g*

thanks in advance

Edited by nuki

As Jos has said its definitely not possible to have more than 1 window active in windows. If you are so convinced it is possible why not show us all how to do it.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

well the reason that i think it is, because its possible too to reverse alot of programs and do alot of tricks, and in cracking and whatever there are alot of possibilities to make a program "think" it got something or not... plus, i believe almost everything programmed can be reversed or tricked out somehow... i guess thats why i believe its possible

please don't post if you just wanna be unkind and have no clue, thanks

ps: if its not possible with any windows api thing or anything "legit" or whatever, and you mean that by "its not possible" i probably should ask somewhere else then =)

greets, and thanks for this very kind and helping support! if you're too annoyed of it, let it be :mellow:

cya

This isnt autoit question and if it is...

...so nuki your asking for someone to reverse or crack or to show you how to do it? :mellow:

Do yourself a favor and next time think before you write and try google on virtual pc or vmware.

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

As Jos has said its definitely not possible to have more than 1 window active in windows. If you are so convinced it is possible why not show us all how to do it.

I'm not quiet sure... maybe it's possible to create a second active window on another desktop? Was already tempted to start experimenting with the CreateDesktop function :mellow:...

so is it possible to "lie" to a window that its active while its actually not?

Well alot of things are possible, maybe even an active window running in here, Windows Virtual PC, which is not the active window on the PC it's running on, but probably not..

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

do the graphics freeze when you set the window to be always on top?

yes

This isnt autoit question and if it is...

...so nuki your asking for someone to reverse or crack or to show you how to do it? :mellow:

Do yourself a favor and next time think before you write and try google on virtual pc or vmware.

well this counts for you too.. think b4 you write smth :( i said people who crack stuff are finding ways to "lie" to programs too to get them running... i never wanted to crack anything or wanted help for that, that was just an example... my aim is to watch a game wich is running 2 times... and i want to watch both windows in window mode next to each other at the same time >.> but the problem is, that the windows are freezing while they are not active, until they are active again, so i can watch just one game window at a time.

and yes, this is an autoit related question cuz im pretty sure its possible at all, and my question is, if its possible with autoit too :lol:

Well alot of things are possible, maybe even an active window running in here, Windows Virtual PC, which is not the active window on the PC it's running on, but probably not..

i dont want to use 3rd party apps, nor virtual pc's .... just want to tell a window its active while its not.

Hmm I always thought games were for playing rather than watching.

Perhaps you might better get some help or ideas if you post up the miracle code you are certain of, in whatever languge you are certain it exists.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.