---

playlet

To run anything in another thread you just have to run another script or exe and have some way to pass information. Does your question reduce to how to do that?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I already know how to send commands to another script, thanks. But how does _InternetCheckConnectionInAnotherThread work then (it's not in the script loop)?

It looks to me like it sets up some execution in memory which updates the label, but it's more advanced than my knowledge or understanding.

If you simply want to check that there is an internet connection to a particular sire, or a number od sites, in another thread then my udf does that. You can specify images for represent the connected or not-connected state and specify a function to be called when the connected state changes. See my signature.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

AFAIK everybody says autoit does not allow you to do something like that. This function is quite interesting though. Where did you get it? Maybe you should ask its author. Also you can consider using Adlib, but it would pause the main script everytime it runs...