API & Sendmessage

JohnD

Hey everyone. I could use some help with the correct usage of this API call. As I mentioned in my previous post I am just experimenting on my own GUI using API calls. That being said, I know I can do the same thing using the following:

GUICtrlSendMsg($Edit1 , $WM_SETTEXT, 0, "Hello World.")

But I will be eventually using this call on other application windows so I need to use the API. Here is what I have.

$result = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "Sendmessage", "hwnd", GUICtrlGetHandle($Edit1), "ULONG", $WM_SETTEXT, "WPARAM", 0, "LPARAM", "Hello World.")

I have a valid handle being returned for edit1.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

-John

Hey everyone. I could use some help with the correct usage of this API call. As I mentioned in my previous post I am just experimenting on my own GUI using API calls. That being said, I know I can do the same thing using the following:

GUICtrlSendMsg($Edit1 , $WM_SETTEXT, 0, "Hello World.")

But I will be eventually using this call on other application windows so I need to use the API. Here is what I have.

$result = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "Sendmessage", "hwnd", GUICtrlGetHandle($Edit1), "ULONG", $WM_SETTEXT, "WPARAM", 0, "LPARAM", "Hello World.")

I have a valid handle being returned for edit1.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

-John

I know I can use the native function, but like i said I am eventually going to use this with controls outside of my application. Does anyone know what may be wrong with the above dllcall? thanks