Help with scite

Ok, I can't run any scripts from scite. When I updated scite the other day is when it started. I went through the registry and everything points to the right place.

I have all the latest updates. I am able to run scripts by launching autoit3.exe, I just can't run them from scite.

Anybody know what is going on?

Here is the console output when I try to run something:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\steve\My Documents\dev\autoit\working\test.au3"    
>Running AU3Check...
>AU3Check Ended.
>Running: \autoit3.exe /ErrorStdOut  "C:\Documents and Settings\steve\My Documents\dev\autoit\working\test.au3" 
>AutoIT3.exe ended.
>Exit code: 0   Time: 0.505
AutoIt3 online docs Use it... Know it... Live it...MSDN libraryglobal Help and SupportWindows: Just another pane in the glass.

Well it must be the path to Autoit3.exe - do the compile window popup? - if so this line could be the trouble '>Running: \autoit3.exe...' try to include the total path...

That's my best shot...

kj :(

Edited by kjactive

• Developers

Ok, I can't run any scripts from scite. When I updated scite the other day is when it started. I went through the registry and everything points to the right place.

I have all the latest updates. I am able to run scripts by launching autoit3.exe, I just can't run them from scite.

Anybody know what is going on?

Here is the console output when I try to run something:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\steve\My Documents\dev\autoit\working\test.au3"    
>Running AU3Check...
>AU3Check Ended.
>Running: \autoit3.exe /ErrorStdOut  "C:\Documents and Settings\steve\My Documents\dev\autoit\working\test.au3" 
>AutoIT3.exe ended.
>Exit code: 0   Time: 0.505

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have a Registry entry for:

"HKLM\Software\AutoIt v3\Autoit","InstallDir" ?

That is currently what CompileAU3 is using to run Autoit3 unless you have used a Compiler Directive :

#Compiler_AUTOIT3=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\AutoIt3.exe        ;Override the default Interpreter version.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Yeah, I had this issue too. I found that it started when I updated with JdeB's latest ScTie update file.

I found that Alt-F5 to run Beta worked fine, but F5 gave what you see.

I looked in the SciTe au3.properties file (you can edit this from the SciTe Options drop-down) and found this section of code:

# Commands to compile / run your script 
command.compile.$(file.patterns.au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe /in "$(FilePath)"
command.build.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /CompileDefaults /in "$(FilePath)"
#command.build.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(autoit3dir)\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe" /in "$(FilePath)"
command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /ErrorStdOut /in "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
#command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /ErrorStdOut /in "$(FilePath)" /autoit3dir "$(autoit3dir)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
#command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
command.go.subsystem.$(file.patterns.au3)=1

I removed the comment from the next-to-last line, saved the file and all is well again. Here is the modified code block:

# Commands to compile / run your script 
command.compile.$(file.patterns.au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe /in "$(FilePath)"
command.build.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /CompileDefaults /in "$(FilePath)"
#command.build.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(autoit3dir)\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe" /in "$(FilePath)"
command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /ErrorStdOut /in "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
#command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /ErrorStdOut /in "$(FilePath)" /autoit3dir "$(autoit3dir)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)

I'll leave it to JdeB to verify that this is all that is wrong/needed.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• Developers

Yeah, I had this issue too.  I found that it started when I updated with JdeB's latest ScTie update file.

I found that Alt-F5 to run Beta worked fine, but F5 gave what you see.

command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)

I'll leave it to JdeB to verify that this is all that is wrong/needed.

Dale

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The line you have Uncommented is the OLD line... this will only run AutoIt3 without running the Au3Check first!

The CompileAU3 wrapper was updated so it also can be used with GO, Running first AU3Check and then Autoit3.....

I was not aware that this new GO function was giving trouble to some. So let try to figure out why you see this issue ....

Maybe you could check to see if you have the above specified Registry entry.

The plan for the next version is to use the AutoIt directory as specified in AU3.properties using this line which is currently commented:

command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /ErrorStdOut /in "$(FilePath)" /autoit3dir "$(autoit3dir)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)

Maybe you could try it out this way for me to see if that works for you ? This will make the it totally independent of the Registry and will also work for the folks not using the installers....

Don't forget to Comment the other 2 lines for GO....

Thanks,

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The line you have Uncommented is the OLD line... this will only run AutoIt3 without running the Au3Check first!

Sorry, I didn't see your reply until after mine was posted.

The CompileAU3 wrapper was updated so it also can be used with GO, Running first AU3Check and then Autoit3.....

I was not aware that this new GO function was giving trouble to some. So let try to figure out why you see this issue ....

Maybe you could check to see if you have the above specified Registry entry.

Yes, I have that registry value and it point to: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

which is my AutoIt install directory.

The plan for the next version is to use the AutoIt directory as specified in AU3.properties using this line which is currently commented:

command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /ErrorStdOut /in "$(FilePath)" /autoit3dir "$(autoit3dir)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)

Maybe you could try it out this way for me to see if that works for you ? This will make the it totally independent of the Registry and will also work for the folks not using the installers....

Don't forget to Comment the other 2 lines for GO....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, this works for me. Perhaps SteveR can confirm as well.

Thanks.

Dale

Edit: BTW, I've used a combination of Installer, Zip file and even copying the Beta directory on top of the production directory over the past few releases which might explain why my config is odd/unexpected.

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Edit: BTW, I've used a combination of Installer, Zip file and even copying the Beta directory on top of the production directory over the past few releases which might explain why my config is odd/unexpected.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dale/Jos,

I got the very same problem after mixing up all those beta's. Since one of the last updates the 'Go' command couldn't find the 'release' AutoIt3.exe anymore.

The modified "command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)" fixed it on my computer too.

Regards,

-Sven

I had the same problem after running beta installer and scite update.

Uncommenting the line above (as JdeB suggested) and commenting this line

seems to solve the problem.

• Developers

Posted an updated version of SciTE4AU3Upd.exe which fixes this issue...

Thanks for the feedback

:(

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.