Basic PID Reading

Falkor

#include <NomadMemory.au3>

SetPrivilege("SeDebugPrivilege", 1)

$pid = _MemoryOpen(ProcessExists("notepad.exe"))
MsgBox(0, "PID", $pid)
_MemoryClose($pid)

Hey all, I'm pretty new to AutoIT but a fast learner :mellow:

I've been trying to figure out memory reading and starting off by simple trying to get the PID from the current notepad.exe process.

Running the above code presents a blank msgbox, I've tried everything I can think of but its either the code or the fact im running Windows 7 x64.

Any replys would be much appreiciated and I apologise if its a really really simple mistake!.

Solved :mellow:

I was trying to read the memoryopen+pid value which of course is useless!

After some carefull thinking / research I came up with the following code which proberly demonstrates the basic memory reading with AutoITv3

#include <NomadMemory.au3>
#RequireAdmin

SetPrivilege("SeDebugPrivilege", 1)

$pid = ProcessExists("MyProgram.exe") ;get process ID
$mem_Open = _MemoryOpen($pid) ;open memory for read/write
$mem_Read = _MemoryRead("0x63043C", $Mem_Open) ;read the memory
MsgBox(0, "Output", $mem_Read) ;display memory
_MemoryClose($mem_Open) ;close the memory
Edited by Falkor

Falkor

Always i use this way too:(Additional Method :mellow: )

#RequireAdmin
;WMIC PROCESS WHERE handle="definehandlehere" get name  ;you can get name of Proc

;Proc name to pid
Run("cmd.exe /c " & "notepad.exe",@WindowsDir,@SW_HIDE)
RunWait("cmd.exe /c " & "WMIC PROCESS WHERE Name='notepad.exe' get handle >>"&@TempDir&"\proc4.txt",@ScriptDir,@SW_HIDE)
$hfileopen=FileOpen(@TempDir&"\proc4.txt",0)
MsgBox(64,"","pid for notepad.exe Process Name = > " & FileRead(@TempDir&"\proc4.txt"))
FileClose($hfileopen)
FileDelete(@TempDir&"\proc4.txt")
[size="5"] [/size]

Well, congratulations :mellow: Next time try to think a bit harder before posting though, as you solved your own problem in +- 1 hour :(

I will persist longer in future but I hope my post becomes some use to someone else in the future thats just starting out.

It is good that you are learning. Ignore the trolls. Feel free to ask questions here. There are plenty of friendly people that are happy to help.

Are you implying I'm a troll? Quite strange as I always try to help people. I just think it is odd if people post a question and an hour later post the solution. To me it seems that they didn't actually try to solve it themselves in the first place, I think it's fair enough to point that out. Edited by d4ni

Are you implying I'm a troll? Quite strange as I always try to help people. I just think it is odd if people post a question and an hour later post the solution. To me it seems that they didn't actually try to solve it themselves in the first place, I think it's fair enough to point that out.

I'm was implying (but being very clumsy about it) your response was a bit harsh to the OP. Some people figure out soon after posting their question and respond that they figured it out. Usually they will just make a new post instead of editing the original post. The fact he figured it out & saying he did - it helps others in not trying to do the work themselves. Thanks for helping though. Helping others in the forum is always welcomed.

Sorry about the troll comment. That was a bit harsh on my part. Moving on...