Is There A_IEGetText function?

I'm attempting to select text and copy from IE between to tags. To be more specific, the<b> </b> tags. The IE code looks like

this.....
<p>Subdomain <b>christmas.orp.site11.com</b> has been created.
<I'm currently using the _IELinkClickByText function.But is there a _IEGetText function?

_IELinkClickByText ($oIE, "Go to CPanel",0)
_IELoadWait($oIE)
_IEImgClick($oIE,'/images/6_1.gif');Subdomains
_IELoadWait($oIE)
$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "form1",1)
_IELoadWait($oIE)
$oQuery = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "subdomain")
_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery, $FirstLine)
_IELoadWait($oIE)
_IEFormSubmit ($oForm) ;UnREM me to Submit
_IELoadWait($oIE)
Send("{CTRLDOWN}t{CTRLUP}")

;Is there a _IEGetText function that i can use to go into the IE to get whats between those <b>christmas.orp.site11.com</b> tags, select it, and save as a variable and send it when ever to where ever I want?

Edited by styles3000

#include <String.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

local $Array
local $oIE = _IEAttach("[YourWindowTitleWhereYouGetThisTextFrom]")
local $sHTML = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE)
$array = _StringBetween($sHTML, "<p>Subdomain <b>", "</b>")
msgbox(64,"yay", $array[0]) ;remember $array[0] causes an error if the stringbetween is not found.

This is how i do it.

#include <String.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

local $Array
msgbox(64,"yay", $array[0]) ;remember $array[0] causes an error if the stringbetween is not found.

This is how i do it.

Thanks notsure,

Your a gentleman and a scholar. I'm placing the function that you given me within a GUI. When I do so, I totally forgot that I've already had a _StringBetween function in operation(its already defined) I've been looking around the forum and ran across something like like.....

$aArray1 = _StringBetween($sSource, '<a href="', '">description')
$aArray2 = _StringBetween($sSource, '.com">', '</a>')

Is this a good way to handle 2 StringBetween's? Or do you have a better way? By the way, could I PM or email you to in order to access your wealth of knowlegde?

There are alot of ways to do it, also stringinstr in combination with stringmid can get you this far. Sure PM me.

When i use stringbetween i almost immediately change my array back to the string it was supposed to be (nonarray), Like this;

#include <String.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

local $Array
$array = $array[0]

I experienced less errors occur this way. The _Stringbetween function likes to give you errors which make your whole script crash.

Edited by notsure

There are alot of ways to do it, also stringinstr in combination with stringmid can get you this far. Sure PM me.

When i use stringbetween i almost immediately change my array back to the string it was supposed to be (nonarray), Like this;

#include <String.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

local $Array
$array = $array[0]

I experienced less errors occur this way. The _Stringbetween function likes to give you errors which make your whole script crash.

I want to send you a pdf of the IE window. I tried attaching it but it was to large. How can I send it to ya? You mentioned I should placed the title here .....

_IEAttach("[YourWindowTitleWhereYouGetThisTextFrom]")

All the titles are the same take look....http://members.000webhost.com/login.php. Should it look like this......

_IEAttach("[000webhost.com Members Area - Windows Internet Explorer]")

or should it look like this.....

_IEAttach("[http://members.000webhost.com/panel/subdomains.php?accountID=3529104&login_hash=HNKEBETM1NAtX2PJ&action=add]")

Also see example for _IELinkGetCollection

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble