Newbie question about ControlSetText

Hi all...I'm attempting to use ControlSetText but am having trouble with quotation marks. I don't know how to get around this issue. Help please?

ControlSetText("Speak", "", "RichEdit20W1", "[b]HTML's Quick Tips:[/b] Separate sections of your page with style. Use colored and sized line dividers. For Example: <HR COLOR="#FF0000" SIZE="4">[i] For more HTML help, check out my page.[/i]" )

Hi all...I'm attempting to use ControlSetText but am having trouble with quotation marks.  I don't know how to get around this issue. Help please?

ControlSetText("Speak", "", "RichEdit20W1", "[b]HTML's Quick Tips:[/b] Separate sections of your page with style. Use colored and sized line dividers. For Example: <HR COLOR="#FF0000" SIZE="4">[i] For more HTML help, check out my page.[/i]" )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just replace the double quotes of the last parameter with single quotes:

ControlSetText("Speak", "", "RichEdit20W1", '[b]HTML's Quick Tips:[/b] Separate sections of your page with style. Use colored and sized line dividers. For Example: <HR COLOR="#FF0000" SIZE="4">[i] For more HTML help, check out my page.[/i]' )

See also: AutoIt3 help file->Language Reference->Data Types.

Regards,

-Sven

Sorry if that was unclear. This is the error i am getting now.

Line 0 (File "C:\test.exe"):

ControlSetText("Speak", "", "RichEdit20W1", "[b]HTML's Quick Tips^ERROR

Error: Unable to parse line.

oy. thats what i get for quoting my own post and not posting my new code.

ControlSetText("Speak", "", "RichEdit20W1", "[b]HTML's Quick Tips:[/b] Be Bold! Use the bold tag <b></b> to make the words on your page LOUD![i] For more HTML help, check out my page.[/i]" )

there thats what my code looks like now. error is in the same place as above though.

ControlSetText("Speak", "", "RichEdit20W1", "HTML's Quick Tips: Be Bold! Use the bold tag <b></b> to make the words on your page LOUD! For more HTML help, check out my page." )

you did it again.....change those to single quotes

[u]Do more with pre-existing apps![/u]ANYGUIv2.8

Probably a problem of the line above that one because:

ControlSetText("test", "", "Edit1", "[b]HTML's Quick Tips:[/b] Be Bold! Use the bold tag <b></b> to make the words on your page LOUD![i] For more HTML help, check out my page.[/i]" )

Worked for me

Start -> Programs -> AutoIt v3 -> AutoIt Help File -> Index -> (The Function you are asking about)----- Links -----DllStruct UDFsRSA Crypto UDFs