Running a remote application

dushkin

Hello All.

I am familiar with AutoIt for exactly 2 days :mellow:

I have a question.

I managed to run a local application according to the example in the help file.

But I need to run a remote application, on a remote host.

I saw that I can built actually 2 scripts using sockets: a client and a server which may help me with this task. But isn't there a shorter way to operate an executable on a remote host by supplying its name and address?

Thanks!

You have to kick off the remote exe from the remote PC. You just can't launch it remotely. That is a big nono in Windows Security. Can you tell us just what you are attempting? We know you want to run a EXE on a remote PC. More info on why you need to do it would help a bunch. For example, you may want to update drivers, install software, or something else. There may be a better solution available so understanding what you have in mind would help.

You have to kick off the remote exe from the remote PC. You just can't launch it remotely. That is a big nono in Windows Security. Can you tell us just what you are attempting? We know you want to run a EXE on a remote PC. More info on why you need to do it would help a bunch. For example, you may want to update drivers, install software, or something else. There may be a better solution available so understanding what you have in mind would help.

I need to write some kind of a manager or a controller which should launch 1-N applications on remote servers. The bottom line is automation of tests.