Need Help with script

NEO12

I'm trying to make a program that show the latest notification of facebook.

I have a difficult part: how to pick up the text of the RSS (see url in script)

In the script i have put a url between "" and for the moment there is nothing on it.

I know that its something with stringregexp and IE.au3, but for the rest i'm turning around without finding something.

I would also like to have a configuration GUI, but that i'll do it on myself.

Please help me

I already have a part of the script.

Here is it:

;#NoTrayIcon
#include <IE.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$width = 300
$height = 90
$xa = @DesktopWidth - $width - 5
$ya = @DesktopHeight - $height - 50

$GUi = GUICreate("Facebook Notification", $width, $height, $xa, $ya, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW + $WS_EX_TOPMOST)

$label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Facebook Notification", 5, 5, 130, 20)
$label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 5, 30, 130, 20)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        Exit
     EndSelect
 WEnd

Func Notification()
$baseurl = "http://www.facebook.com/feeds/notifications.php?id=100000295219880&viewer=100000295219880&key=683ac29a17&format=rss20"
 $Source =  _IEBodyReadHTML( $baseurl)
$array = StringRegExp($Source," <channel>  <channel>", "<title>  </title>")
GUICtrlSetData($label2,$array)

EndFunc

Thanks to all in advance!

Greets

This seems to work -- using Inet.au3 instead of IE.au3. It grabs the contents of the <title> tag, both of them.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Inet.au3>

$baseurl = "http://www.facebook.com/feeds/notifications.php?id=100000295219880&viewer=100000295219880&key=683ac29a17&format=rss20"
$source =  _InetGetSource($baseurl)
$array = StringRegExp($source, "(?s).*<title>(.*)</title>.*", 3)
_ArrayDisplay($array)

Too bad there are no XML parsing functions to my knowledge, that's what you actually need.

Edited by d4ni

This seems to work -- using Inet.au3 instead of IE.au3. It grabs the contents of the <title> tag, both of them.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Inet.au3>

_ArrayDisplay($array)

Too bad there are no XML parsing functions to my knowledge, that's what you actually need.

You can do it without the array too. Instead of

you can use this to get either Channel or Title

$sRtn = StringRegExpReplace($source, "(?i)(?s)<(title|channel)>(.+?)</(title|channel)>", "$2")

To get just title then

$sRtn = StringRegExpReplace($source, "(?i)(?s)<title>(.+?)</title>", "$1")

To get just channel, replace title in the one above with channel

You can follow any of them with

If @Extended Then Return $sRtn

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Ok

But i'm looking for something that looks like my second post.

With the function GUICtrlSetData($label2,$array) even if it's with or without array.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=29754

@GEOSoft

Please first actually test your code :( It doesn't work. I know why the Regular Expressions won't work -- you forgot .* or .+ before and after the <title>(.+?)</title>, right now it doesn't match anything. Anyway, the most important thing is you can't get both the <title> tags with that, as it only returns the contents of one of the <title> tags. I obviously did test StringRegExp replace but didn't use it as it wasn't quite what I wanted.

Also, the RegEx "(?i)(?s)<(title|channel)>(.+?)</(title|channel)>" can match something like

<channel>
  <title>Title of Post</title>

It starts matching at <channel> and stops at </title>, this is undesirable as well.

@NEO12

I think you have enough information do implement it yourself now, right? Come on show some effort yourself, you can do it :mellow:

It's a good way but it's not the result i would have.

It should look as this:

post-50902-12669374726543_thumb.png

So that's the contents of the second <title>, right (in French @ your URL)? So that's the contents of $array[1] ...

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Inet.au3>

$array = StringRegExp($source, "(?i)(?s)<title>(.+?)</title>", 3)
MsgBox(0, "", $array[1])

It outputs:

Sebastien Bauval a publié quelque chose sur votre mur.

While my French isn't awesome I can only assume that's the translation of "... wrote something on your wall". Actually, "published something on your wall", I believe.

Anyway, I think my or Facebook's encoding is messed up so it becomes publié instead of whatever it's supposed to be.

Edited by d4ni

That's right:

Sébastien a publiAc quelque chose sur votre mur.

That should appear in the place of "... wrote something on your wall" that acually should be "... published something on your wall". I've searched for "rss help" but i didn't find something that interested me. I'm not a great coder and before i posted i searched also on google but again found nothing.

I'm just beginning here with autoit again, because i was occuped with something other (Private)

I think i must look around this:

code of gui...
 GUICtrlCreateLabel($array, 5, 30, 200, 20)

while...

Ok i found it :

;#NoTrayIcon

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

#include <Inet.au3>

$width = 300
$height = 90
$xa = @DesktopWidth - $width - 5
$ya = @DesktopHeight - $height - 50

$GUi = GUICreate("Facebook Notification", $width, $height, $xa, $ya, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW + $WS_EX_TOPMOST)

$label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Facebook Notification", 5, 5, 130, 20)
GUICtrlCreateLabel($array[1], 5, 30, 200, 20)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        Exit
     EndSelect
 WEnd

I must only improve it a little bit

Thank you very much.

Edited by NEO12

@GEOSoft

Please first actually test your code :mellow: It doesn't work. I know why the Regular Expressions won't work -- you forgot .* or .+ before and after the <title>(.+?)</title>, right now it doesn't match anything. Anyway, the most important thing is you can't get both the <title> tags with that, as it only returns the contents of one of the <title> tags. I obviously did test StringRegExp replace but didn't use it as it wasn't quite what I wanted.

Also, the RegEx "(?i)(?s)<(title|channel)>(.+?)</(title|channel)>" can match something like

<channel>
  <title>Title of Post</title>

It starts matching at <channel> and stops at </title>, this is undesirable as well.

I'll look at it when I get on a system with AutoIt actually installed. I should have noted that I was writing it on the fly and from memory.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"