AU3Record bug?

RCB

Hello all.

I've just installed AutoIt 3.3.4.0 and Scite4AutoIt (last stables versions on the site). Everything seems OK. The AU3 scripts runs fine, the Scite editor is OK, the main problem is for recorders... And, of course, I need mainly this function.

I explain: I record a little dummy script with AU3Record. I obtain the "Test.au3" script file, attached. Of course, it didn't work at all... Notice the line #7, the badly positionned function declaration (line #10), and the surnumerous #endregion (line #18).

With AutoItMacroRecorder, it also doesn't work. It obtain the "Test2.au3" script file. Seems OK, but it is in UTF16, doesn't supported by Au3Check and doesn't run in Scite.

Finally: what did I done wrong? Does a correct macro recorder exists?

Test.au3

test2.au3

The Recording tools are useul to a point but I think they are better used as a learning tool than anything else. You get more precision and reliability by writing the code yourself.

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

The Recording tools are useul to a point but I think they are better used as a learning tool than anything else. You get more precision and reliability by writing the code yourself.

I've understood this... And I fully agree.

My problem is that a stupid sold to a client a "recorder mode", like the one available in (i.e.) Office applications, with a replay feature. The replay, in itself, is simple with AutoIt. But the record lacks... And users don't want to make their scripts with a langage, even a simple one: they want a "click-party".

Any clue / solution ?