There´s no Script open button under the example in the help file

Manlius

Hey guys,

in my help file there is no script open button under the example. I´ve read the FAQ about this but after I´ve done this advice it still doesn´t work. I´ve replaced the hhctrl.ocx file with min. 5 other hhctrl.ocx files and i´ve registerd every hhctrl.ocx file.

Thanks

Manlius

• Developers

Don't think there is anything fixed in the beta version for the Helpfile itself. I think the fix was to open the helpfile from Within SciTE with F1.

What exactly is your problem?

Is the button shown?

Have you tried the reregister the ocx with : regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

mhm...i´ve downloaded the latest beta and i toogled to the beta, too. But the button is still away.

AutoIt Beta v3.3.5.4 fixed help for me. You could also try this
; SciTe - Fix Help File Examples
;
; Scriptname: FixHelpFileExamples.au3
; Script to fix Registry setting for SciTE/AutoIt3/Helpfile Open Button
; by jos

If Not FileExists(@ScriptDir & '\Autoit3.exe') then
    MsgBox(16,"Autoit3.exe error",'File Autoit3.exe not found. Place this script in the AutoIt3 program directory and run it again.')
    Exit
EndIf
If Not FileExists(@ScriptDir & '\SciTE\SciTE.exe') then
    MsgBox(16,"SciTE.exe error",'File ..\SciTE\SciTE.exe not found. Something is not installer the standard way. Exiting.')
    Exit
EndIf
$Open_SciTe = '"' & @ScriptDir & '\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1"'
$Edit_SciTe = '"' & @ScriptDir & '\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1"'
$Run_SciTe = '"' & @ScriptDir & '\AutoIt3.exe" "%1" %*'
$Open = RegRead("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Open\Command", "")
$Edit = RegRead("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Edit\Command", "")
$Run = RegRead("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Run\Command", "")
$FixedOpen = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.au3", "Application")
; Check for "Always open with settings
If $FixedOpen <> "" Then
    If MsgBox(4, "Override setting for Open on .AU3", 'You have specified to "Always Open" with:' & @CRLF & $FixedOpen & _
    @CRLF & " But this should be removed and the standard setting should be used!" & _
    @CRLF & @CRLF & "Click Yes to Remove this Keys") = 6 Then
    $rc = RegDelete("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.au3", "Application")
    ConsoleWrite('-RegDelete ("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.au3", "Application") $rc = ' & $rc & " @Error=" & @error & @CRLF)
    Else
    ConsoleWrite('! Override setting for Open on .AU3 not removed' & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Else
    ConsoleWrite('+No Open override on .au3.' & @CRLF)
EndIf
; Check Edit Settings
If $Edit <> $Edit_SciTe Then
    If MsgBox(4, "Edit Settings for AU3", 'Your "Edit" settings are currently:' & @CRLF & $Edit & @CRLF & " But should be:" & @CRLF & $Edit_SciTe & @CRLF & @CRLF & " Update?") = 6 Then
    $rc = RegWrite("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Edit\Command", "", "REG_SZ", $Edit_SciTe)
    ConsoleWrite('-RegWrite Edit $rc = ' & $rc & " @Error=" & @error & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Else
    ConsoleWrite('+Edit already set to default = ' & $Edit & @CRLF)
EndIf
; Check Open Settings
If $Open <> $Open_SciTe Then
    If MsgBox(4, "Open Settings for AU3", 'Your "Open" settings are currently:' & @CRLF & $Open & @CRLF & " But should be:" & @CRLF & $Open_SciTe & @CRLF & @CRLF & " Update?") = 6 Then
    RegWrite("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Open\Command", "", "REG_SZ", $Open_SciTe)
    ConsoleWrite('-RegWrite Open $rc = ' & $rc & " @Error=" & @error & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Else
    ConsoleWrite('+Open already set to default = ' & $Open & @CRLF)
EndIf
; Check Run Settings
If $Run <> $Run_SciTe Then
    If MsgBox(4, "Run Setting for AU3", 'Your "Run" settings are currently:' & @CRLF & $Run & @CRLF & " But should be:" & @CRLF & $Run_SciTe & @CRLF & @CRLF & " Update?") = 6 Then
    RegWrite("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Run\Command", "", "REG_SZ", $Run_SciTe)
    ConsoleWrite('-RegWrite Run $rc = ' & $rc & " @Error=" & @error & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Else
    ConsoleWrite('+Run already set to default = ' & $Run & @CRLF)
EndIf
;
;Ensure hhctrl is properly registered
$rc = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx", "", @SW_HIDE)
ConsoleWrite('+RegSvr $rc = ' & $rc & @CRLF)

Don't think there is anything fixed in the beta version for the Helpfile itself. I think the fix was to open the helpfile from Within SciTE with F1.

What exactly is your problem?

Is the button shown?

Have you tried the reregister the ocx with : regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx ?

The button is just away^^ It looks like here:

And yes i´ve tried to register it lots of times.

@picaxe

I´ve used this script but the problem is still "avaible".

Sorry for my English^^

Edited by Manlius

That looks like the German version of the help file and the issue may be associated with something they did when they were doing the translation. The translation shouldn't have affected that part but you can't be sure of anything. Try bringing the question up on the German forum.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

The button is just away^^ It looks like here:

And yes i´ve tried to register it lots of times.

@picaxe

I´ve used this script but the problem is still "available".

Sorry for my English^^

Try the English helpfile but I think there is something wrong with your PC's OS/settings.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Expected that. Check to make sure you don't have multiple versions of hhctrl.ocx and possible the wrong one registered.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Expected that. Check to make sure you don't have multiple versions of hhctrl.ocx and possible the wrong one registered.

Just a heads up Jos. That code for the button will fail if HTML Help Workshop is installed, I'll send you the details later but you may have to write your own ActiveX control to make it work properly. However that is not causing this image issue.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

• Developers

Just a heads up Jos. That code for the button will fail if HTML Help Workshop is installed, I'll send you the details later but you may have to write your own ActiveX control to make it work properly. However that is not causing this image issue.

I have had HTML workshop installed since day one of the helpfile creation and have never experienced any problems with it.

This is on several PC's both with WinXP and Win7.

Curious about your finding,

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Would I be wrong in thinking it could be a firewall/popup blocker, blocking the image, as it openes a file on local computer ?

The helpfile is HTML based and I know that when you download it or run it from a share you have to allow to open the HTML pages first.

Not sure if any anti-Malware or Anti-Virus would cause this piece of HTML to me disabled.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Well this sucks. It seems to be working fine so I suspect it was just the function that I tried it on and I don't remember what function it was now. The error message box most definitly came from the HTML Help Editor.

I'll get back to you if I can find the function again.

And giving it more thought, I don't see where my theory could be correct becuase the pages all use the same code for that button AFAIK. Impossible to retrace my steps that far back too.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

• Developers

The only thing that is important for the button to work is that the helpfile is opened with the proper working directory which needs to be the Autoit3 program directory or else the example files aren't found as they have a relative reference.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Now that you mention it, I might have opened the help file with F1 in Scite and then tried the button from there. I don't have to mention the possibilities that opens up.

EDIT: I'll leave this up to you for now since I'm about to switch back to the laptop and you know the story there, no way of testing anything.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

• Developers

Now that you mention it, I might have opened the help file with F1 in Scite and then tried the button from there. I don't have to mention the possibilities that opens up.

EDIT: I'll leave this up to you for now since I'm about to switch back to the laptop and you know the story there, no way of testing anything.

This is why we have the this command for F1 to set the workdir correctly and properly open the helpfile on the selected keyword:

$(autoit3dir)\Autoit3Help.exe "$(CurrentWord)"

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.