how do i debug

ziv

Hi

my name is ziv

this is my first time whit autoit

i do have experience whit programing since i am a .net programmer for several years

i gut a project that i have to manage

my q is

how do i debug the code

how can i go line by line and see the parameter

thx

ziv

• Developers

AutoIt3 doesn't support a step by step debugging, but there are several option "to get close to that".

Load the full SciTE4AutoIt3 installer with which you have several options under the Tools option and a directive to show a console message in the SciTE output pane for each line: #autoit3wrapper_run_debug_mode.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

On the SciTE4AutoIt3 download page, you can find cvsWrapper, which will do things like auto save changes with a new minor-point version number when you Compile, etc. It requires an existing working install of a CVS to work.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

On the SciTE4AutoIt3 download page, you can find cvsWrapper, which will do things like auto save changes with a new minor-point version number when you Compile, etc. It requires an existing working install of a CVS to work.

:(

According to the CVSWrapper page it should work on SVN too? :mellow:

According to the CVSWrapper page it should work on SVN too? :mellow:

That's the theory. My experiment with TortiseSVN failed, but that was entirely my fault, and the machine I was trying it on got trashed (nothing to do with this), ending the experiment before I made it work.

:(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

That's the theory. My experiment with TortiseSVN failed, but that was entirely my fault, and the machine I was trying it on got trashed (nothing to do with this), ending the experiment before I made it work.

:mellow:

You will have to install SVN (not TortoiseSVN) to make it work as the install instructions explain. TortoiseSVN is of course nice to have an Explorer integrated SVN client for manual stuff and nice Icon overlays.

I pefer SVN over CVS although I started with CVS as the name indicates.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

How about using @scriptline command ?

I tried doing

If @Error Then MSGBOX (64,"","Error at " & @scriptline)

This would return the line of code on which this error occurred , but it when compiled, it returns -1.

Any thoughts on how i can have Error #'s shown when script compiled that would represent the script.au3 name and script line.

If any scripts were included and error caused by one or another script.au3 then error would say

Compiled program.exe Error At includedscript3.au3 and line # 20 for example

That would be a very nice feature, kinda like an Error CODE