ERROR: $X previously declared as a 'Const'

I recently had to rebuild my computer, including reinstalling AutoIt-v3 on a virgin platform. Now, when I build scripts that I've been running without problems for months I get reems of error messages like this:

---------------------

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ProcessConstants.au3(12,47) : ERROR: $PROCESS_TERMINATE previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $PROCESS_TERMINATE = 0x00000001

--------------------

I also get errors from the files SecurityConstants.au3 and FileConstants.au3. Here's what the top of my scripts look like:

-------------------

#RequireAdmin

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=smile6.ico

#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=c:\My Website\aesop\assignment_assistant_R61.exe

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Tidy_Stop_onerror=n

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

; This script requires full Administrative rights

------------------

And it does not matter if I build the script inside the SciTE editor or not.

I get the same result.

Where should I look to fix this?

It sounds like you updated AutoIt from an old version also. What version were you previously using and what version do you have installed now?

Also check the help file for "Script breaking changes" if you know you updated AutoIt.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

whatever Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Oops! I spoke too soon.

AU3Check=n fixe the compile problem but I'm still getting an ERROR when I Run the script.

Can not redeclare a constant.:

Global Const $PROCESS_TERMINATE = 0x00000001

How do I turn this off when I run?

Wow!

A forum that provides valuable information. And quickly, too.

The AU3Check=n was my problem. I forgot to reset that when I rebuilt.

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like that variable is used in an include somewhere?

Sometimes udf's contain the same variable and so if used in the same script, conflict with eachother.

example being the WinAPIEx.au3 and the ChangeResolutionEx.au3

actually the ChangeResolutionEx.au3 seems to conflict with a few different includes.

Easiest fix would be to go into one of the includes and change the variable name throughout the include script. (maybe add a 2 or b or something at the end)

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

The error message should show exactly what line is throwing the error. Post the complete error message. I still suspect that it's a problem with #included files

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

That was my guess (its in another of the include files). But I looked for the prime offending constant, $PROCESS_TERMINATE, in other files and could not find it. So (wait till you here this) I did not include "Constants.au3" and the script runs with out errors (so far). Go figure.

That was my guess (its in another of the include files). But I looked for the prime offending constant, $PROCESS_TERMINATE, in other files and could not find it. So (wait till you here this) I did not include "Constants.au3" and the script runs with out errors (so far). Go figure.

I think I see the problem. Are you using process.au3? If so there is a potential problem with that file.

EDIT: actually the same potential problem exists in Constants.au3. Damn, now I have to go through all of those constants files to prove it.

Edited by GEOSoft

George