Simulate a click via memory editing?

Hello there,

What I'm trying to do is to simulate a mouse click on a radio button on an external program, but the button is sort of on a "tab" (like Firefox etc.). Is there a way to "trigger" this button using something like nomadmemory.au3 or other means from within the memory instead of simulating a mouse click.

I don't want to do this by using ControlClick(), because the program is minimized at all times.

Any ideas?

Hello there,

What I'm trying to do is to simulate a mouse click on a radio button on an external program, but the button is sort of on a "tab" (like Firefox etc.). Is there a way to "trigger" this button using something like nomadmemory.au3 or other means from within the memory instead of simulating a mouse click.

I don't want to do this by using ControlClick(), because the program is minimized at all times.

Any ideas?

Well, you don't want to use ControlClick, though the reason you stated for not using it IS why you would use it. Also, you won't tell us the app you are trying to automate, so that leaves us guessing. Nice job there. Care to let us in on what the app is? Edited by Volly

Here's another pointless post (in level with the above).

What Volly is trying to do is to push you to the place where you would say you are trying to write a bot for a game that doesn't (TOS, whatever) allow it. Then he would just rub that to your face and possibly report you to the authorities here.

You think I'm wrong in my assumptions?

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Ive searched for something like this wtzolt and came up blank Im afraid (not assuming there isnt a way)

There are tons of clickable things all over the internet that are not standard controls, which you might want to interact with without tying up the mouse.

If you do find an answer please let me know.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Well, you don't want to use ControlClick, though the reason you stated for not using it IS why you would use it. Also, you won't tell us the app you are trying to automate, so that leaves us guessing. Nice job there. Care to let us in on what the app is?

Here's another pointless post (in level with the above).

What Volly is trying to do is to push you to the place where you would say you are trying to write a bot for a game that doesn't (TOS, whatever) allow it. Then he would just rub that to your face and possibly report you to the authorities here.

You think I'm wrong in my assumptions?

Why being so hostile? You guys assume too much ... And why everything here if related to editing memory has to be in connection to game bots.

And why do you guys care anyways?

The program in trying to "control" is a web cam surveillance software, basically every time the computer starts it launches the program and stars recording, but the thing is I want the thing to record in black and white (smaller size) and the option to do so is on a "tab" and you have to click it manually to change from color to black and white. For some reason it wont save this particular setting when i quit the program.

I just need to click on one button basically every time a program starts.

But what ever... as JohnOne mentioned, it probably can't be done.

If your app has a radio button which can be identified with au3info tool then you can indeed click it while it is minimised with controlclick (as volly mentioned)

But you are out of luck if it can not.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

If your app has a radio button which can be identified with au3info tool then you can indeed click it while it is minimised with controlclick (as volly mentioned)

But you are out of luck if it can not.

It does have.

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:  surv.exe
Class:  TForm1
Position:   386, 112
Size:   820, 600
Style:  0x16CF0000
ExStyle:    0x00010100
Handle: 0x00000000000D0E80

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  TRadioButton
Instance:   2
ClassnameNN:    TRadioButton2
Name:   
Advanced (Class):   [CLASS:TRadioButton; INSTANCE:2]
ID: 592630
Text:   Automatic
Position:   727, 109
Size:   79, 17
ControlClick Coords:    33, 12
Style:  0x54010004
ExStyle:    0x00000000
Handle: 0x0000000000090AF6

>>>> Mouse <<<<
Position:   1150, 277
Cursor ID:  0
Color:  0xF0F0F0

something like this should work then

ControlClick("surv.exe","","[CLASS:TRadioButton; INSTANCE:2]","Left",1)
Edited by kaotkbliss

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!