Controls Issue

Hi there,

I am currently trying to use autoIt to automate some actions on a sofware that runs within internet explorer.

The Window Info tool recognises the windows and controls and shows the class names, instances and text, However, when i call these controls within the script, they dont respond. ControlGetText for example always returns "" even though there is some content in the field that the window info tool recognises.

I am jus wondering how come the window info tool can pick up the details of the controls and windows but the controls dont work when the script is run.

and how it can be fixed (hopefully) :mellow:

I hope you can help with this.

Regards,

act1

When you say "within internet explorer", do you mean it's a web app? If so, then you should be using the _IE* functions of the IE.au3 UDF. See the help file.

If not, and this is a normal window, then post the contents of the Summary tab of AU3Info.exe on one of these controls.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law