How to get message from PopupMenu of GUICtrlViewList in HitTest Example

nu852

Hi,

In _GUICtrlListView_HitTest Example, it shows up a popupmenu when user right click on ListView item. And there will be two options, one is "Open", another is "Save".

Supposed that I want to get further proceed when user to press either of above options. How should the applications be alerted that user has pressed such options.

For example, when user press the "Open" option in popupmenu of the ListView, the application will copy the item data to clipboard. What should I do?

(I just want to know how to get such window message when user press the popupmen item and get further process.)

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

In _GUICtrlListView_HitTest Example, it shows up a popupmenu when user right click on ListView item. And there will be two options, one is "Open", another is "Save".

Supposed that I want to get further proceed when user to press either of above options. How should the applications be alerted that user has pressed such options.

For example, when user press the "Open" option in popupmenu of the ListView, the application will copy the item data to clipboard. What should I do?

(I just want to know how to get such window message when user press the popupmen item and get further process.)

Thanks in advance.

Does the example for GuiCtrlCreateContextMenu help you?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Does the example for GuiCtrlCreateContextMenu help you?

I don't think so.

Because the Popupmenu in GuiCtrlViewList is created and destroyed on the fly. Right click on another GuiCtrlViewList item leads to re-create and re-detroyed another Popupmenu.

In GuiCtrlCreateContextMenu Example, the contextmenu exists (although not show) all the time.

In GuiCtrlViewList_HitTest Example, the popupmenu does not exist.

(Just when you right click on ViewList item, popupmenu is created and show up, after user press the menuitem on the popupmenu, the popupmenu is destroyed again.)

I don't think so.

Because the Popupmenu in GuiCtrlViewList is created and destroyed on the fly. Right click on another GuiCtrlViewList item leads to re-create and re-detroyed another Popupmenu.

In GuiCtrlCreateContextMenu Example, the contextmenu exists (although not show) all the time.

In GuiCtrlViewList_HitTest Example, the popupmenu does not exist.

(Just when you right click on ViewList item, popupmenu is created and show up, after user press the menuitem on the popupmenu, the popupmenu is destroyed again.)

By "I don't think so" I suppose you mean it would require making some changes to the example and you want an example ready-made to do just what you want.

I don't think I can help then.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.