Outlook Widget Redux

picea892

Hi all, I'm releasing my baby....try to be gentle when you call it ugly. It isn't complete yet, however from this point on there will be a sizeable amount of customization which will make the script unuseable except for those in my unique circumstances, I will be linking in shared calendars which can be queried and displayed in a variety of ways. I therefore release it now.

This really is a cumulation of most of the scripts which are in my signature. I tried making an outlook widget using a png as the drawing board but ran into problems stretching causing unpredictable skewing. I then went to two gui's, one holding the controls the other holding the background. I didn't like the effect or the complications it added. Finally with the shapedgui's and buttons I realized I had achieved what I wanted. This builds on that success.

This has only ever been tested on Windows XP using Outlook 2003. It in theory should work in Outlook 2007 but haven't had the opportunity to test it.

How to use:

1) First make sure Outlook is running

2) run Main.au3

Other than that, I think the tool is self explantory, if it isn't than that means I have built it poorly and I appreciate you telling me that :mellow:

Cheers

Picea892

outlook.zip

Edited by picea892

G'day Picea892

Looks like you maybe using an older version of AuotIT adn there has been some script breaking changes. :-(

GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF.au3(15,107) : ERROR: Opt() called with illegal argument 1: "OnExitFunc"
Global $__GUICtrl_SetOnHover_sOriginal_OnExitFunc   = Opt("OnExitFunc", "__GUICtrl_SetOnHover_OnAutoItExit")

from help - The AutoItSetOption() option OnExitFunc has been removed. See the new functions OnAutoItExitRegister() and OnAutoItExitUnregister().

I also got the following errors. I run Outlook 2007 but I don't think these are to do with outlook. :-(

shapedcontrols_udf.au3(21,67) : WARNING: $avgcol: possibly used before declaration.
        If $hstate = 0 Then $fontcol = _InvertColor("0x" & $avgcol)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
shapedcontrols_udf.au3(470,66) : ERROR: _drawicon() called by a previous line with 5 arg(s). Min = 7. First previous line calling this Func is 192.
Func _drawicon($bitmap, $width, $height, $ico, $ind,$hpos,$hvpos)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
shapedcontrols_udf.au3(1304,74) : ERROR: _drawicon() called with wrong number of args.
        $hBitmap1 = _drawicon($hBitmap1, $width, $height, $sIcon, $iIndex)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
shapedcontrols_udf.au3(470,66) : REF: definition of _drawicon().
Func _drawicon($bitmap, $width, $height, $ico, $ind,$hpos,$hvpos)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
Main.au3(461,38) : ERROR: allday(): undefined function.
            GUICtrlSetOnEvent($allday,"allday")
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news

John Morrison

aka

Storm-E

Hi Storme

I am using Mr. Creator's guictrlsetonhover udf. That is the udf using an outdated function. I attempted to make the change. The syntax error no longer flags it and the script still works.

The other errors wouldn't have affected the script but is sloppy. I use the shapedcontrols udf for a few of my scripts and it appears I did not update a couple of functions when I made some changes in that udf. I think all fixes or made there as well.

Thanks for your interest and I hope it works for you now

Hmmm, yes this makes sense. The icons I use are from

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\OUTLLIBR.DLL"

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE"

Outlook 2007 would have changed the icons (are they still square?. If the icons are no longer square than my guiclip will not be correct which will leave gray around the icons. When another icon is written to the guictrlpic, it may draw on the gray that is showing. When the original icon is drawn back it would not draw over the gray area, leaving remanants from the previous icon visible.

Without being able to choose appropriate icons from the 2007 outlook exe's I think I'm pretty much powerless to solve that. I could blank the control by drawing gray on the control before every change. I might look into doing that.

Thanks for bringing to my attention.

Picea892