Activedirectory

Hi all,

I try to query the lastLogon value from the AD. Therefore I use folowing code:

#include <adfunctions.au3>
#include <array.au3>

Dim $ou = "OU=PONTIT,OU=EU,OU=people,DC=modine,DC=com"
Dim $EXISTINGUSER

_ADGetObjectsInOU($EXISTINGUSER, $Ou, "(objectClass=user)", 1, "name,lastLogon,whenCreated")
_ArrayDisplay($EXISTINGUSER)

I get all values, but not the lastLogon-value. Plese, have anyone a idea why? I search a lot the INet but nothing realy helps me. Ore I'm to stupid :(:mellow:

Thanks a lot and greetings, Bernd

Edited by bmaier

Oh, that's easy :mellow:

Please download the AD UDF (see my signature). It's based on adfunctions.au3.

The function _AD_GetLastLoginDate does what you need. Please see the example script for this function.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi Water,

works nearly perfect! Thx therefore. But....it takes a long time to query the lastlogondate. Round about 2 minutes.

Is it possible to accelerate that?

Thanks again and greetings, Bernd

As the lastlogondate is not propagated to all DCs the function has to ask all DCs in the domain.

First it gets a list off all DCs in the domain then queries every single DC. If the DC is down or the service is not available then the function runs longer (it has to wait for the ping to time out - so if you have a lot of DCs that can not be reached ...)

Please check @error and @extended.

@error - Number of DCs which could not be reached. Result is returned from all available DCs.

@extended is set to the total number of Domain Controllers

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi,

i don't think so. Theproblem is, that the lastlogon timestamps are different on every Ad Controller and aren't replicated between the controllers.

So you have to query every AD Controller to get the real lastlogon timestamp.

Even on Win2003/2008 AD the new value lastlogintimestamp isn't a solution, although this value is replicated between the controllers, but only every 14 days (as i know).

;-))

Stefan

I have 5 DCs, all are available. In this situation the function needs 0.2 seconds to return the result.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

4 DC 0,27 seconds for quering one account.

@bmeier:

You also query one or more accounts?

If you query more accounts, how your code looks like?

You may have DC on WAN?

You might query only your site controller if defined.

;-))

Stefan

Water,

First: thanks a lot for your realy quick help! :mellow:

We have a lot of DCs arround the world and for me the europe DCs would be enough. So, I think I will modify the Func _AD_GetLastLoginDate for only our Europe DCs.

Therefore I will comment out the peace of code which creates the array of DCs and insert a array with our europe DCs.

Edited by bmaier

Water,

First: thanks a lot for your realy quick help! :mellow:

We have a lot of DCs arround the world and for me the europe DCs would be enough. So, I think I will modify the Func _AD_GetLastLoginDate for only our Europe DCs.

Therefore I will comment out the peace of code which creates the array of DCs and insert a array with our europe DCs.

Or I could modify the function so it only queries the DCs belonging to a site you specify (run the example for _AD_ListDomainControllers to get a list of all available sites). Or - but a bit more complicated - determine the DCs with the corresponding subnet settings. This would be the only DCs where the computer can connect to and therefore reduces the number of DCs to query.

What do you think?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Water,

thats a great offer and thanks for that. But for me, this work for you is to much. I think I can mod the Func _AD_GetLastLoginDate to query only my DCs in Europe and thats ok for me.

Realy great this Forum and the Users. Hyperquick responses and solutions :mellow: THANKS

Greetings, Bernd

I'm constantly improving the AD UDF so I think I will put it on the list - at least the site check.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki