_IE_ performance issues.

Hello,

There has been some problems with my script and it seems to be this part of the code that takes a long time rougly 2-4mins, there is quite alot here so please forgive me.

I have made a comment within the code to advise when the slowness begins.

NOTE: I'm not asking anyone to test the code just take a look and tell me if there is an apparent that your trained eye can see?

Func DoStuff()
    ConsoleWrite("Waiting for IE to load then will ""DO STUFF""" & @CRLF)
    _IELoadWait($oIE)
    ConsoleWrite("IE has now loaded, gonna ""DO STUFF""" & @CRLF)
    ;***************************************** SLOWNESS STARTS HERE
    $o_form = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "frmCase") ; sets form
    If @error Then
        Fail("Unable to find form ""frmCase""")
    EndIf

$o_Title = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "title") ;sets inputbox "title"
    If @error Then
        Fail("Unable to find input ""title""")
    EndIf

$o_CircuitID = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "circuitID") ;sets inputbox "circuitID"
    If @error Then
        Fail("Unable to find input ""circuitID""")
    EndIf

$o_Notes = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "notes") ; sets textarea "notes"
    If @error Then
        Fail("Unable to find textarea ""notes""")
    EndIf

$o_CaseType = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "case_type") ;sets the select "case_type"
    If @error Then
        Fail("Unable to find select ""case_type""")
    EndIf

$o_CustCalledCHK = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "chkCustomerCalled") ; sets the Check box "chkCustomerCalled"
    If @error Then
        Fail("Unable to find checkbox ""chkCustomerCalled""")
    EndIf

$o_ProductCat = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "prod_cat") ;sets the select "prod_cat"
    If @error Then
        Fail("Unable to find select ""prod_cat""")
    EndIf

$o_QueryDays = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "query_days") ;sets the select "query_days"
    If @error Then
        Fail("Unable to find select ""query_days""")
    EndIf

$o_QueryType = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "query_type") ;sets the select "query_type"
    If @error Then
        Fail("Unable to find select ""query_type""")
    EndIf

$oPrevCaseFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, "prev_cases") ; sets the frame "prev_cases"
    If @error Then
        Fail("Unable to find frame ""prev_cases""")
    EndIf
    ConsoleWrite("_IEFormElementGetObJByName ALL COMPLETE - ALL OBJECT GOTTEN" & @CRLF)

$circuit = _IEFormElementGetValue($o_circuitID) ; gets value from the "circuitID" inputbox
    ConsoleWrite("Got circuit ID Value" & @CRLF)

;set/select/check values on webpage
    _IEFormElementSetValue($o_Title, $circuit & " - ") ; sets the "title" input box to "Circuit ID - "
    _IEFormElementSetValue($o_Notes, $Q) ; sets the "notes" text area value to what ever $Q holds
    _IEFormElementSetValue($o_QueryDays, "90") ;sets the "query_days" input box to "90"

ConsoleWrite("Set Title, notes and Query days" & @CRLF)
    _IEFormElementOptionselect($o_CaseType, "Cus. Serv. Rprt Prob", 1, "byValue"); sets the select called "case_type" to "Cus.Serv. Rprt Prob" VALUE hidden property of element)
    _IEFormElementOptionselect($o_ProductCat, "Service Offerings", 1, "byValue") ; sets the select called "prod_cat" to "Service Offerings" VALUE hidden property of element)
    _IEFormElementOptionselect($o_QueryType, "circuitID", 1, "byValue") ; sets the select called "query_type" to "circuitID" (to search prev case history on the circuit ID)

ConsoleWrite("Set All options" & @CRLF)
    _IEFormElementCheckBoxSelect($o_form, "", "chkCustomerCalled", 1, "byIndex") ; sets the check box to a "checked" state.

ConsoleWrite("Retreiving Case History, please wait..." & @CRLF)
    _IELinkClickByText($oIE, "Find") ; load prev case history
    _IELoadWait($oPrevCaseFrame) ; wait for load
    ConsoleWrite("Got Case History..." & @CRLF)
    ;;;;;;;;;;
    ; Get current text from "NOTES" TEXTAREA. Insert that & "Previous Case History" into notes.
    _IEFormElementSetValue($o_Notes, _IEFormElementGetValue($o_Notes) & @CRLF & "Previous Case History")

$history = _IEPropertyGet($oPrevCaseFrame, "innertext") ; gets any Previous Case History avilable as text/String
    $TableHeaderstoRemove = "Case IDCreate DateConditionStatusTitleVendor NameTrouble Sub RegionEquipment ProviderEquipment" ; Table headers need to be removed from string

$history = StringReplace($history, $TableHeaderstoRemove, "") ; Removing table headers

$history = StringSplit($history, @CRLF) ; Split the string into array at every line break

For $cases in $history
        ;ConsoleWrite($cases & @CRLF & @CRLF)
        If StringLen($cases) >6 Then ; not some random empty element in the array or some misfit String
            _IEFormElementSetValue($o_Notes, _IEFormElementGetValue($o_Notes) & @CRLF & $cases)
            If StringInStr($cases, "open") Then ; the states will be in the string
                Msgbox(64+262144, "Possible Case Already Open", "Cases History Checked, a possible open case has been found. Please confirm this before creating a duplicate ticket")
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next

EndFunc

Thanks alot.

Steve

Edited by Steveiwonder

They call me MrRegExpMan

Ok,

after going through everything it seems all of the

_IEFormGetObjByName()
or
_IEFormElementGetValue()
are causing the slowness. Each of them are taking 5-15 seconds.

Anyone have any idea why? or an alternative?

Edited by Steveiwonder

They call me MrRegExpMan

after going through everything it seems all of the

_IEFormGetObjByName()
or
_IEFormElementGetValue()
are causing the slowness. Each of them are taking 5-15 seconds.
That seems really unlikely. How did you determine that?

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

That seems really unlikely. How did you determine that?

just by placing Alot of ConsoleWrites in like this...

ConsoleWrite("Getting frmCase" & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("Got frmcase... " & @CRLF)
    If @error Then
        Fail("Unable to find form ""frmCase""")
    EndIf

and watching when they display in the console. I did this for each line of code.

And i always see ConsoleWrite("Getting frmCase" & @CRLF) then its a pause for like 5-15 seconds.

Steveiwonder

Edited by Steveiwonder

They call me MrRegExpMan

I've never seen _IE* functions take that long just to find a DOM element. For example, this takes about 90 milliseconds:

#Include <IE.au3>

Global $sURL = "http://www.google.com"
Global $oIE = _IECreate($sURL)
Global $iTimer, $oForm

$iTimer = TimerInit()
$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "f")
$iTimer = TimerDiff($iTimer)
If IsObj($oForm) Then
    ConsoleWrite("Name = " & $oForm.Name & "; Time = " & Round($iTimer / 1000, 3) & "sec" & @LF)
Else
    ConsoleWrite("Error getting form." & @LF)
EndIf

Note that $oForm is tested with IsObj(). Your error testing won't work because @error has been reset by ConsoleWrite() before you tested it. Try the above script, and then try it with your URL.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Think i found the issue

$oIE inside doStuff() was being set by another function.

However, $oIE was not being set to a Global var .. so it looked like this.

Local $oIE 

;example functions - Shortend down but still gives the same result.

Func DoStuff()
EndFunc

Func WaitForWindow()

$title = "Title"
   WinWait($title)
   $oIE = _IEAttach($title)
   Return
EndFunc

I've change Local $oIE to Global $oIE and its seems to of worked?

No idea how this made it "slower" as i would of though it wouldn't work all together.

p.s. thanks for your PsaltyDS

Edited by Steveiwonder

They call me MrRegExpMan