Notepad

I have deployed Notepad as editor called by my script to either display, edit and or print a document. Notepad always opens using the default setting. The default setting is always the Width Height X and Y co-ordinates of the Notepad window the last time that it was displayed and then closed. I am using the 'WinMove' to resize the window based on the diamentions of the document. There are many documents all of differences which I would like to open at the correct size window. What I am trying to achieve is a smooth visual transaction to the document size after opening 'Notepad.exe' At the moment when you open 'Notepad' you get the Notebook window flashed for the last document size then opened at the new size. What I am trying to eliminate is the 'Flashed Window on Opening' In Excel for example in a macro you can freeze window updating perform the process and then allow window updating which has the effect of hiding the process which the Excel macro is performing. Is this type of functionality available in the AutoIT environment? or alternatively can you open Notepad with its location beyond the width and height of the Desktop perofrm an SW_Hide then a 'WinMove' that includes Width Height X and Y Location and then a SW_SHOW.

Func _AutoNotepadExe($nPFile, $nPDir, $nPCorT, $nPWidth, $nPHeight, $nPTimer)
 ;//Cleanup to make sure Notepad not running
 If ProcessExists("Notepad.exe") Then
  $list = ProcessList("Notepad.exe")
  $s = $list[0][0]
  For $i = 1 To $list[0][0]
   ProcessClose($list[$i][1])
  Next
 EndIf
 ;//Open Notepad and Document
 ShellExecute($nPFile, "", $nPDir, "Edit")
 ;//Wait until Notepad becomes active
 WinWaitActive("[CLASS:Notepad]", "")
 ;//Resize the Window to Display the Document Text [Centre 1 Top 0)
 If $nPCorT = 1 Then
  WinMove("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", (@DesktopWidth / 2) - $nPWidth / 2, (@DesktopHeight / 2) - $nPHeight / 2, $nPWidth, $nPHeight, 1)
 Else
  WinMove("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", (@DesktopWidth / 2) - $nPWidth / 2, 0, $nPWidth, $nPHeight, 1)
 EndIf
 $MenuStartCycle = TimerInit()
 While 1
  If Not ProcessExists("Notepad.exe") Then ExitLoop
  ;//Exit after nn Minutes
  $MenuEndCycle = TimerDiff($MenuStartCycle)
  If $MenuEndCycle >= $nPTimer * 1000 Then Exitloop
 Wend 
 EndFunc   ;==>_AutoNotepadExe

Help is always appreciated Ant.. Posted Image

How about jumping the gun and setting the default size's of notepad before its even open.

_PresizeNotePad(0,0,200,150)
run("NotePad")
WinWait("Untitled - Notepad")
WinSetTitle("Untitled - Notepad","","First - NotePad")

_PresizeNotePad(201,151,300,500)
run("NotePad")
WinSetTitle("Untitled - Notepad","","Second - NotePad")

Func _PresizeNotePad($iLeft,$iTop,$iWidth,$iHeight)
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad", "iWindowPosX", "REG_DWORD", $iLeft)
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad", "iWindowPosY", "REG_DWORD", $iTop)
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad", "iWindowPosDX", "REG_DWORD", $iWidth)
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad", "iWindowPosDY", "REG_DWORD", $iHeight)
EndFunc
GDIPlusDispose - A modified version of GDIPlus that auto disposes of its own objects before shutdown of the Dll using the same function Syntax as the original.EzMySql UDF - Use MySql Databases with autoit with syntax similar to SQLite UDF.

How about jumping the gun and setting the default size's of notepad before its even open.

_PresizeNotePad(0,0,200,150)
run("NotePad")
WinSetTitle("Untitled - Notepad","","First - NotePad")

_PresizeNotePad(201,151,300,500)
run("NotePad")
WinSetTitle("Untitled - Notepad","","Second - NotePad")

Func _PresizeNotePad($iLeft,$iTop,$iWidth,$iHeight)
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad", "iWindowPosX", "REG_DWORD", $iLeft)
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad", "iWindowPosY", "REG_DWORD", $iTop)
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad", "iWindowPosDX", "REG_DWORD", $iWidth)
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad", "iWindowPosDY", "REG_DWORD", $iHeight)
EndFunc

Thank you what an excellent Idea and very elegant indeed. I am never ceased to be amazed by the level of knowledge possessed by AutoIT Contributors and the speed of the responses. Thank you very much for your contribution it is very much appreciated. Thanks again..

Edited by anixon

Thank you what an excellent Idea and very elegant indeed. I am never ceased to be amazed by the level of knowledge possessed by AutoIT Contributors and the speed of the responses. Thank you very much for your contribution it is very much appreciated. Thanks again..

And this is the final version

_AutoNotepadExe($sESHelp, $sLogDirHelp,(@DeskTopWidth/2)-(750/2), 20, 750, @DesktopHeight - 50, 60)

Func _AutoNotepadExe($nPFile, $nPDir, $iLeft,$iTop,$iWidth,$iHeight,$nPTimer)
 ;//Close all running instances of  Notepad
 If ProcessExists($sNotePadExe) Then
  $list = ProcessList($sNotePadExe)
  $s = $list[0][0]
  For $i = 1 To $list[0][0]
   ProcessClose($list[$i][1])
  Next
 EndIf
 ;//Re-set Notepad X Y Width and Height settings in Registry [Document Size]
 ;//Open the Document with the Notepad Text Editor
 ShellExecute($nPFile, "", $nPDir, "Edit")
 ;//Set the Unattended Exit Timer
 $MenuStartCycle = TimerInit()
 While 1
  ;//Process Ceases to Exist [closed by User] Exit
  If Not ProcessExists($sNotePadExe) Then ExitLoop
  ;//Calculate Timer Difference
  $MenuEndCycle = TimerDiff($MenuStartCycle)
  ;//Process and Unattended Exit [nn Minutes]
  If $MenuEndCycle >= $nPTimer * 1000 Then
   ProcessClose($sNotePadExe)
   ExitLoop
  EndIf
 WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_AutoNotepadExe