Help with Send[Solved]

I'm trying to automate some very, very tedious data entry. The issue that I'm running into is that AutoIt manages it's Send() and ControlSend() in a very asynchronous manner.

In this case it is a problem with this code

Send ($noteText, 1)

Sleep (2000) ; Horrible, laggy work around :(

ControlSend ("Insert Note", "", "[NAME:detailsTextBox]", "{ESC}") ;Closes the Window
    Sleep (20)
    Send ("{Enter}")

Where the second part executes before the Send is finished. I do this upwards of 100 times a day, so a 2 second lag gets very, very obnoxious.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I could test to see if Send() was finished, or calculate how long it will take ahead of time?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Fulano

#fgpkerw4kcmnq2mns1ax7ilndopen (Q, $0); while ($l = <Q>){if ($l =~ m/^#.*/){$l =~ tr/a-z1-9#/Huh, Junketeer's Alternate Pro Ace /; print $l;}}close (Q);[code] tag ninja!

Its difficult to say from the information given, but the first send must cause something to happen , like a window closing or something ? what ever its reaction to your send is you could check that the reaction has occured before your continue.

GDIPlusDispose - A modified version of GDIPlus that auto disposes of its own objects before shutdown of the Dll using the same function Syntax as the original.EzMySql UDF - Use MySql Databases with autoit with syntax similar to SQLite UDF.

Its difficult to say from the information given, but the first send must cause something to happen , like a window closing or something ? what ever its reaction to your send is you could check that the reaction has occured before your continue.

Thank you for taking interest Yoriz, and you're right, I should have explained better.

The first bit sends text to a window, I would send it directly to control, but ACT! appears to randomize it's control names or uses non-standard controls or somehow borks things up, because I am unable to grab data from them (or send it for that matter) - and believe me, I've tried, the workarounds I've had to use to get any information from this program are nasty.

Because the text changes depending on the record that I am reading in, there isn't any way that I can do pixel tests to check to make sure it's finished. :mellow:

The problem is happening when the second segment sends it's data first, closing the window that I am trying to put text into and selecting a random field in the main contact window. Like I said, Sage put some work into making ACT! unautomatable.

#fgpkerw4kcmnq2mns1ax7ilndopen (Q, $0); while ($l = <Q>){if ($l =~ m/^#.*/){$l =~ tr/a-z1-9#/Huh, Junketeer's Alternate Pro Ace /; print $l;}}close (Q);[code] tag ninja!

Ok :mellow: , so the reaction to your ControlSend is that it contains the text you sent in $noteText, are you able to read the text in the window with WinGetText() and not carry on till you confirm it has the $noteText you sent to it ?

GDIPlusDispose - A modified version of GDIPlus that auto disposes of its own objects before shutdown of the Dll using the same function Syntax as the original.EzMySql UDF - Use MySql Databases with autoit with syntax similar to SQLite UDF.

Holy Smokes! I didn't even think to try and grab the text from the window itself Posted Image. Bravo!

EDIT: Tried it, works like a charm :mellow:

Edited by Fulano