Not-so-Useless 2D language

crashdemons

After some some looks at "Boat" and "BeFunge" someone challenged me to make a simplistic 2D language in AutoIt that can handle console input/output.

So, here we are - a language that can be typed out like a circuit, can perform operations on a buffer, and mess with the console.

This was all originally going to be written in C++, but it was written for AutoIt 3.3.2.0.

I warn you, this "language" is utterly useless useful.

Programs might be convertable from Brainfuck and this language may be Turing-complete! See the Comment #17!

Like Befunge, the language uses single-character operators in the direction the program is flowing in.

Like Boat and Befunge, the code uses ><^v as directional operators.

Unlike either, certain operators turn the flow 90-degrees clockwise under certain conditions. (for switches and error handling)

Posted Image

I have attached a ZIP containing:

- the interpreter (script),

- a visual debug program (shows flow visually as processed, processed operators and a portion of the buffer),

- a documentation file that contains all operators, descriptions, and examples.

ab.zip

How to use this:

1. Compile AutoBoat.au3 as a CUI "AutoBoat.exe"

- (Or Build with AutoIt3Wrapper, the Change2CUI entry is already there.)

2. Write or save an AutoBoat script in a file. (ANSI text only)

3. Run AutoBoat.exe scriptFilePath on a command-line to execute the script.

4. Watch the output (if any is done in the script)

Note: It may be easiest to open a command prompt, drag in AutoBoat.exe, hit space, and drag in the script file. That should give the correct command-line on newer OS'.

Warning: The debug program is made for SMALL programs and does not check length/height before extending the GUI...

Since this is so useless I consider this more of a joke than an attempt at anything, so feel free to make whatever comments you feel are appropriate.

Edited by crashdemons

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

• 3 weeks later...

found something intresting

>=+86#==V
        |
>=======V
|       |
#       +
+       +
+       +
+       #
|       |
^=#+++==<

runs fine

but

>=+86#==V
        |
>=======V
|       |
.       +
+       +
+       +
+       .
|       |
^=.+++==<

hangs, LOL

Its fun to play with.

[center][/center][center]=][u][/u][/center][center][/center]

>=====V                     >=====V
^     |         >=="LOL"==V ^     |
|     "         |         | |     |
|     L         |         | |     |
"     O         |         | |     |
L     L         |         | |     |
O     "         |         | |     |
L     |         ^         | |     |        >=V
"     >======>==\<        | |     >==="LOL"/<|
|               V         >=^              V |
|               |         | |              | |
^===="LOL"======<=="LOL"==< ^====="LOL"====< |
                          ^==================<

=]

lol

I think it's me but, how do I run/use it? :(

Ok, I figured out how to use this:

1. Right click the AutoBoat.au3 file.

2. Choose the "Compile with Options" option.

3. Ensure the "Create CUI instead of GUI.exe" option is checked.

4. Compile the script.

5. Copy and paste the compile script into your C:\WINDOWS\ directory (this is to make it easier on you).

6. Go to command prompt

7. Type autoboat.exe "[Directory]"

PS: It is easier to move the test.txt file to the C:\ directory and type in autoboat.exe C:\test.txt.

Arrghh I didn't get a notification from the board of any replies - low and behold, Replies!

---

About running,

You can use AutoBoat.exe "path-to-script" to run a script (a script being in the form shown in the above screenshot).

All programs script in this language are meant to be CUI programs.

Frankly I just open a Command Prompt window, drag-drop in AutoBoat.exe (pasts the path to the file inside quotes), hit space, then drag-drop in the script file. Hit enter.

The script determines what is output - there are descriptions for some of my examples in the TXT. The script MUST start at the upper-left character in the file and it must NOT be a unicode/utf format text file (only regular ANSI).

@IchBistTod - neither of your scripts hang for me, not that I understood what you were trying to do besides print out all characters after 0x30 ("0") in increments of 3.

Could be a difference between our AutoIt version, or even our OS; but it will either depend on how the au3 script is ran - or how the characters being printed are handled.

(Note: certain characters printed from your script equate to one that makes the internal speaker beep on my OS.)

Also, did you want your 3rd example to do anything besides fill the "buffer" with LOLOLOL and loop? :(

@All - it might be useful for some minor input/output programs - maybe even a text-based adventure! (doubt it) - but it has some limitations to work around or fix.

Edited by crashdemons

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

Also, did you want your 3rd example to do anything besides fill the "buffer" with LOLOLOL and loop?

If you notice the structure of the code (being a giant LOL itself)

No sir, it was to serve no purpose but to endlessly buffer LOL.

*makes it compiled*

2 Months Later:

*Normal user views forum, AV Goes off, "AutoItBoat.Gen.LOL Detected!".

LOL, epics LOL Virus. Not that I would ever do that.

I will takeit on to actually make a usefull application out of this.

Maybe you could make it compile? Using EOF Data with INI write to write the file as an ecrypted string to the end of the exe?

that would be cool.

Maybe still useless, but cool xD

NOTE: code box spacing fixed

EDIT: Fixed the bottom missing off my edited LOL. (guess that makes it a LMAO?)

@IchBistTod

I didn't really supply a way to create an AutoIt program with an AutoBoat script compiled into it.

You can strip out the first part where "ProcCmdLineFile()" is called

or

Write a script that defines "__AutoBoatDebug__" as nonzero (keeps from processing the command-line) then Include AutoBoat.au3; the variable was originally added just to let the Debug program take-over the processing.

Having done one of the above, you can use one of the following to write a script that will compile to a single file and still run the AutoBoat script:

A. set a variable to a string containing your script, and call Proc($variable)

B. FileInstall your script and Proc(FileRead(filename)) or whatever

Btw this should be processed the same way as your earlier LOL example:

|     L         |  .---.  | |     |
"     O         |  |   |  | |     |
L     L         |  |   |  | |     |
O     "         |  |   |  | |     |
L     |         ^  |   |  | |     |        >=V
"     >======>==\< |   |  | |     >==="LOL"/<|
|               V  `---`  >=^              V |
                          ^==================<

Added the center of the "O"

One important note here might be "anything that will not be processed, is a comment."

Although, it may be possible to write messages in the code that is not related to the code but still used as operators

@All

The interpreter has been updated to include a new "operator".

I had some individuals ask for a way to create functions or even sections of code that could be reused by referencing them rather than rewriting them

So, I have added an operator that allows you to process code at another location.

Code ended going upward
                    |
                    |
>=====[xcoord,ycoord]====Code ended going rightward
      |             |
      |             |
      |             Code ended going downward
      |
      Code ended going leftward

The operator points to a coordinate to start the new code (going rightward), the code can modify the buffer and pointer positions and do about anything. The code is ended with "!". The ending direction of the code determines which path is used from this operator (relative to the calling code): rightward is no change to direction, downward is clockwise, leftward is backwards (or cw/ccw twice), upwards is counter-clockwise. The operator uses Down (clockwise from original direction) of the left bracket to signify "Backwards" because otherwise it would be very difficult to redirect the code.

This allows you to create a switch from a code segment and to reuse code segments multiple times without the need to rewrite them or recreate them in different directions.

Here is an example:

>==v        >==="up"\\./.===============!
   |        |
   |        |
   >===[1,13]==="right"\\\\\././././.===!
       |    |
       |    |
       |    >==="down"\\\\./././.=======!
       |
       >========"left"\\\\./././.=======!

Code Segment [1,13]

>==v
   |      
   |      
   |      
   >======v
          |
          |
       !==<

Displays "left" (relative direction: Backwards)

This may be a little complicated to take in at first, but it should make your AutoBoat life easier.

Edited by crashdemons

The previous post is now fixed.

It appears that the "Visual RTE Editor" mode (User CP>Settings>General>Posting) likes to eat extra spaces; I like that forum feature - but it's going to make posting AutoBoat code horribly difficult.

So, I am now back to using the plain standard editor.

Edit: fixed a bug with multiple uses of the coordinate operator.

Edited by crashdemons

What if it used a "light and mirror" method - No paths for the circut, just the directional operators? So that:

could be expressed as:

>     V                     >     V
^               >  "LOL"  V ^      
      "                            
      L            .---.           
"     O                            
L     L                            
O     "                            
L               ^                          > V
"     >      >  \<                >   "LOL"/< 
                V  `---`  > ^              V  

^    "LOL"      <  "LOL"  < ^     "LOL"    <

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

What if it used a "light and mirror" method - No paths for the circut, just the directional operators? So that:

could be expressed as:

>     V                     >     V
^               >  "LOL"  V ^      
      "                            
      L            .---.           
"     O                            
L     L                            
O     "                            
L               ^                          > V
"     >      >  \<                >   "LOL"/< 
                V  `---`  > ^              V  

^    "LOL"      <  "LOL"  < ^     "LOL"    <

You could accomplish that by modifying AutoBoat.au3:

remove the section for Case ' ', add ' ' to Case '=','|' (Case '=','|',' ') as below and in contrast to the original code.

Switch $cmd
                Case '!'
                    $ret=-1
                    ;Exit(0)
                Case ''
                    MsgBox(16,'AutoBoat Error','Destination Coordinate ['&$Coord[0]&','&$Coord[1]&'] out-of-bounds.')
                    Exit(2)
                Case '=','|',' '
                    ; do nothing
                    $ex=0

However, I like having paths so I can trace the code visually. This also helps me distinguish needed characters from missing characters. (whitespace and *nothing* appear the same visually in most cases)

On the other hand, the above change would allow you to choose whether to use |,=, or just a Space.

Another negative though, if spaces became connectors - the notification for an "Open circuit at (x,y)" would no longer occur to let you know when you accidentally messed up and pointed your code in a direction you didn't want it to go in. You would be on your own if your code ran amok.

I'm not sure I see the Pros of your approach, aside from being able to see only the "important" operators - but without seeing the context of the path, they're meaningless; seeing the path could be difficult in more complicated code in that form. - but feel free to modify the interpreter as you want.

Edited by crashdemons

• 2 months later...

Updated the interpreter, documentation and test script.

The interpreter now supports several operators regarding files (opening,creating,deleting,existence)

You can now open file handles and set the Input/Output to a handle to make a file the destination of any output, or the source of input.

You can now print a null/eof-terminated string starting at the 'current byte' (under the pointer) in the buffer with an operator, and be able to move back to the first byte of the previous "" string entered with one operator.

See the AutoBoat.txt for specific documentation.

test.txt has been updated with a File Create/Write/Read/Delete example with some minor failure checking.

>==".\createfile.dat"0$s==`wo=="This is a file test. Char: "0$s==0+F4./" ("0$s\#")"$.==,==0o==[1,15]==!
                          ||
                          ||
                          |>==0+oA."File could not be opened for writing."0$s==!
                          >==0+oA."File could not be created."0$s==!

AutoBoat script by CrashDemons

v========<
                                                          |        |
                                                          |        |
>=0+A/"Reading File: "0+A/0$\s==".\createfile.dat"0$==ri==>==:==.==^==>===;$"."$~==!
                                                      |      |        |
                                                      |      |        |
                                                      |      >========^   
                                                      |
                                                      >==0+o"File could not be opened for reading."0$s==!

The test script creates a file, opens it for writing and writes some text to it via the Output operators, then closes it. Next it opens it for reading and prints the contents to the console, then closes and deletes the file.

As a further note you could use "" to mark a buffer position to return to with $ without modifying the buffer. ( "" without any text will not advance the byte position)

Some consideration may need to be done on whether some future operations need adding:

- Return to buffer position based on the value of the current byte.

- Open file with custom flags (either requires two bytes or overwriting the flag byte)

- Jump to code coordinates based on the current byte(s) rather than typed ones.

- etc

I can add most reasonable operators, but an unused symbol or letter will need to be chosen for the operation.

Feel free to add any suggestions.

Edited by crashdemons

• 1 month later...

Edit: Updated posted code link (human error :blink: )

Edit: Another incorrect link (user instead of topic)

I've been doing some checking and I *think* it should be possible to convert programs made in Brainfuck to AutoBoat (this language).

If that can be done reliably, it would seem AB could be Turing-Complete.

(Because Brainfuck is a Turing Tarpit)

What does it mean? It means you should be able to manipulate AB to find almost any calculation (given you stay within its buffer limit) - It's Not so Useless After-All!!!

Here are the specs on how I think you can convert BF to AutoBoat:

BrainFuck |  AutoBoat
     >    |   /
     <    |   \
     +    |   +
     -    |   -
     .    |   .
-------------------------------------------
Special Cases:
    Brainfuck operator = ,

AutoBoat equivalent = 

:>
         >^

Reason = AutoBoat's input operator is identical except 
          that it turns clockwiseon Null, so code has been 
          added for flow correction.

-------------------------------------------
Special Case:
    Brainfuck operators = [ and ]
        Reason = There are no stack jump-forward/back, but it can 
          be simulated exactly with by using flow operators 

Notes = code can be resized to contain itself (see third example

equivalent to X[ABC]Y

v==========<
         |          |
         |          |
>==X==%==>==ABC==%==^==>==Y==>
      |          |     |  
      |          |     |
      |          >=====^
      |                |
      >================^ 

or

v====<
>==X%>ABC%^>Y==>  
    |    >=^
    >======^ 

equivalent to [[A]B]

v=================<
         |                 |
         |    v==<         |
>=====%==>===%>A%^>==B==%==^==>===>
      |      |  >=^     |     |  
      |      >====^     |     |
      |                 >=====^
      |                       |
      >=======================^
(also posted here: http://codepad.org/YN52S4Vw)

I'll try a couple BF programs in the mean time ;)

Sub-rant on brackets:

I did notice a few code posts for BF interpreters, including one on these forums; However, many (including this one) seem to neglect the fact that the left bracket "[" matches "]" hierarchically, meaning "[[]]" is valid BF code where the outside brackets match and the inside brackets match; the ones who neglect this end up with the first "[" matching the first "]" or "[[]]".

*[ and ] match as parentheses usually do: each [ matches exactly one ] and vice versa, the [ comes first, and there can be no unmatched [ or ] between the two.

Edited by crashdemons

Brainfuck -> AutoBoat conversions (using above document)

If I do any conversions, I'll be posting them here.

"Hello World!" (from Wikipedia):

BF:

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
AB: (tested)
V              v===============================<
>==>++++++++++%>/+++++++/++++++++++/+++/+\\\\-%^>/++./+.+++++++..+++./++.\\+++++++++++++++./.+++.------.--------./+./.>==!
              |                               >=^
              >=================================^

Single-digit integer-division (hit two number keys for a result) from Wikipedia

BF:

,>,>++++++[-<--------<-------->>]<<[>[->+>+<<]>[-<<-[>]>>>[<[>>>-<<<[-]]>>]<<]>>>+<<[-<<+>>]<<<]>[-]>>>>[-<<<<<+>>>>>]<<<<++++++[-<++++++++>]<.
AB: (tested)
V                                            v=================================================================================<
|                                            |               v==========================================<                      |
|                                            |               |              v======================<    |                      |
|                                            |               |              |  v==============<    |    |                      |
|                v======================<    |  v========<   |     v==<     |  |        v==<  |    |    |        v=======<     |   v==<      v=============<            v============<
>==>:>/:>/++++++%>-\--------\--------//%^>\\%>/%>-/+/+\\%^>/%>-\\-%>/%^>///%>\%>///-\\\%>-%^>%^>//%^>\\%^>///+\\%>-\\+//%^>\\\%^>/%>-%^>////%>-\\\\\+/////%^>\\\\++++++%>-\++++++++/%^>\.>==!
    >^ >^       |                      >=^  |  |        >=^ |     |  >=^   |  |        |  >=^| |  | |  | |      |       >=^   | | |  >=^    |             >=^          |            >=^
                >========================^  |  >==========^ |     >====^   |  |        >====^| |  | |  | |      >=========^   | | >====^    >===============^          >==============^
                                            |               |              |  |              >=^  | |  | |                    | |
                                            |               |              |  >================^  | |  | |                    | |
                                            |               |              |                      >=^  | |                    | |
                                            |               |              >========================^  | |                    | |
                                            |               |                                          >=^                    | |
                                            |               >============================================^                    | |
                                            |                                                                                 >=^
                                            >===================================================================================^

99 Bottles of Beer

BF: http://99-bottles-of-beer.net/language-brainfuck-101.html

AB: (tested) http://codepad.org/BhReNe3s

This script should convert BF code to an AB code fine. (notice: you can change the Action_* flag variables to decide how/if to handle certain errors.)

#include <String.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

Global Const $BF2AB_Unhandled=0
Global Enum Step *2 $BF2AB_Debug,$BF2AB_Exit,$BF2AB_Ignore,$BF2AB_Input_ReadFromCon; you can BitOr together Debug and Ignore or Exit
Global $BF2AB_Action_UpperPointerBoundary=$BF2AB_Unhandled
Global $BF2AB_Action_LowerPointerBoundary=$BF2AB_Unhandled
Global $BF2AB_Action_InputEOF=$BF2AB_Ignore; because BF ignores it.
Global $BF2AB_AppendComments=False

Local $f1=FileOpenDialog('BF2AB - Open BrainFuck script',@ScriptDir,"BrainFuck Scripts (*.bf;*.b)|All Files (*.*)",1)
If @error=0 Then
    Local $BF=FileRead($f1)
    If @error=0 Then
        Local $AB=BF2AB_Complete($BF)
        Local $f2=FileSaveDialog('BF2AB - Save AutoBoat script',@ScriptDir,"AutoBoat Scripts (*.ab;*.txt)|All Files (*.*)",1)
        If @error=0 Then
            Local $fh=FileOpen($f2,2)
            If $fh>-1 Then
                If FileWrite($f2,$AB)=0 Then MsgBox(16,'BF2AB Error','File Write failed.')
            Else
                MsgBox(16,'BF2AB Error','File Open failed.')
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Else
        MsgBox(16,'BF2AB Error','File Read failed: '&@error)
    EndIf
EndIf
Exit

Func BF2AB_Complete(ByRef $Data)
    Local $Comments=StringRegExpReplace($Data,'[\<\>\+\-\.\,\[\]]','')
    $Data=StringStripWS($Data,8)
    $Data=StringRegExpReplace($Data,'[^\<\>\+\-\.\,\[\]]','')
    Local $ReadFromCon=BitAnd($BF2AB_Action_InputEOF,$BF2AB_Input_ReadFromCon)=$BF2AB_Input_ReadFromCon
    Local $b
    Local $sOps=BF2AB($Data,$b)
    Local $Dim=_String_GetDimensions($sOps)
    Local $leftpad=-4
    If $ReadFromCon Then $leftpad-=13
    sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b, 0,$leftpad,' '); left pad
    For $i=1 To $b
        Switch $i
            Case 1
                If $i=$b Then
                    sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$i,0, 1,'!')
                Else
                    sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$i,0, 1,'V')
                EndIf
            Case $b
                sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$i,0, 1,'>==>')

If $ReadFromCon Then 
                    sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$i,0, 5,'"con"0$ri>==>')
                    Local $j=$i+1
                    sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$j,0, 5,'       >=^')
                EndIf

sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b, 0,$Dim[0]+(-$leftpad)+1,'>==!')
            Case Else
                sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$i,0, 1,'|')
        EndSwitch
    Next
    If $BF2AB_AppendComments Then $sOps&=@LF&@LF&$Comments

Return StringReplace(StringStripCR($sOps),@LF,@CRLF)
EndFunc

Func BF2AB(ByRef $Data,ByRef $b, $r=0)
    Local $t=_StringRepeat('   ',$r)
    ConsoleWrite($t&$r&' { '&$Data&@CRLF)
    $Data=StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace($Data,'<','\'),'>','/'),',',':')
    Local $Stack[1]=[0]
    Local $Open=0

Local $s=''
    $b=1

Local $pb=1

For $p=1 To StringLen($Data)
        Local $Operator=StringMid($Data,$p,1)
        Switch $Operator
            Case '['
                $Open+=1
                ReDim $Stack[$Open+1]
                $Stack[$Open]=$p
            Case ']'
                If $Open>0 Then
                    Local $pOpen=$Stack[$Open]

ReDim $Stack[$Open]
                    $Open-=1

If $Open=0 Then
                        ConsoleWrite($t&$r&' ::'&$Open&' '&StringMid($Data,$pOpen,($p-$pOpen)+1)&@CRLF)

Local $pStart=($pOpen+1)
                        Local $subLen=(($p-1)-$pStart)+1
                        Local $sub=StringMid($Data,$pStart,$subLen)

Local $subB
                        Local $subconvert=BF2AB($sub,$subB,$r+1)
                        ConsoleWrite($t&$r&' ::  s'&$subB&@CRLF&$subconvert&@CRLF)
                        Local $subW,$subH,$subOff
                        $subconvert=BF2AB_BracketConv($subconvert, -($subB-1), $subW,$subH,$subOff)

Local $aconvert=StringSplit($subconvert,@LF)
                        For $i=1 To UBound($aconvert)-1
                            sBuf_SetOperator($s,$b,$subOff+($i-1),$pb,$aconvert[$i])
                        Next
                        $pb+=$subW

ConsoleWrite($t&$r&' ::  '&$b&@CRLF&$subconvert&@CRLF)
                    EndIf
                Else
                    MsgBox(16,'BF2AB Error','Error: Closing bracket encountered without matching opening bracket.'&@CRLF&'Please ensure your BrainFuck code is correct.')
                EndIf
            Case Else
                If $Open=0 Then

Switch $Operator
                        Case ':'
                            BF2AB_SetHandler($Operator, $BF2AB_Action_InputEOF, $s, $b, $pb)
                        Case '/'
                            BF2AB_SetHandler($Operator, $BF2AB_Action_UpperPointerBoundary, $s, $b, $pb)
                        Case '\'
                            BF2AB_SetHandler($Operator, $BF2AB_Action_LowerPointerBoundary, $s, $b, $pb)
                        Case Else
                            sBuf_SetOperator($s,$b, 0,$pb,$Operator)
                            $pb+=1
                    EndSwitch
                EndIf
        EndSwitch
    Next
    If $Open>0 Then MsgBox(16,'BF2AB Error','Error: Not all open brackets have been closed.'&@CRLF&'Please ensure your BrainFuck code is correct.')
    Return $s
EndFunc

Func BF2AB_SetHandler(ByRef $Operator, ByRef $Action, ByRef $s, ByRef $b, ByRef $pb)
    If $Action=$BF2AB_Unhandled Then
        sBuf_SetOperator($s,$b, 0,$pb,$Operator)
        $pb+=1
    Else
        Local $Ignore=BitAnd($Action,$BF2AB_Ignore)=$BF2AB_Ignore
        Local $Debug=BitAnd($Action,$BF2AB_Debug)=$BF2AB_Debug
        Local $Exit=BitAnd($Action,$BF2AB_Exit)=$BF2AB_Exit
        Local $ReadFromCon=BitAnd($Action,$BF2AB_Input_ReadFromCon)=$BF2AB_Input_ReadFromCon
        Local $OpLine   =$Operator
        Local $CatchLine=''

If $ReadFromCon And $Operator=':' Then $Ignore=True

If $Debug Then 
            $OpLine&=    '================>'
            $CatchLine&='>"BF2AB_ERR:'&$Operator&'"0$s'
            If $Exit Then 
                $CatchLine&='!'
            Else
                If $Ignore Then $CatchLine&='^'
            EndIf
        Else
            If $Exit Then
                $CatchLine&='!'
            Else
                If $Ignore Then
                    $OpLine&=    '>'
                    $CatchLine&='>^'
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
        sBuf_SetOperator($s,$b, 0,$pb,$OpLine)
        sBuf_SetOperator($s,$b, 1,$pb,$CatchLine)
        $pb+=StringLen($OpLine)
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func BF2AB_BracketConv($sOps, $OpsOff, ByRef $ConvW, ByRef $ConvH, ByRef $ConvOff)
    If $OpsOff>0 Then $OpsOff=0
    Local $b=1+(-$OpsOff)
    Local $Dim=_String_GetDimensions($sOps)
    Local $WidthPadding,$TopPadding,$BottomPadding
    $WidthPadding=$Dim[0]
    $TopPadding-=$OpsOff; make sure >=0
    $BottomPadding=($Dim[1]-1)+$OpsOff

sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b, 0,-2,' '); to set the prepadding
    sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b,$OpsOff-1, 2, 'v'&_StringRepeat('=',$WidthPadding)&'=<')
    For $i=1 To $TopPadding
        sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b,-$i, 2,'|')
        sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b,-$i, 4+$WidthPadding,'|')
    Next
    sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b, 0, 1,'%>')
    sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b, 0, 3+$WidthPadding,'%^>')
    For $i=1 To $BottomPadding
        sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b,+$i, 1,'|')
        sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b,+$i, 3+$WidthPadding,'|')
        sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b,+$i, 5+$WidthPadding,'|')
    Next
    sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b,$BottomPadding+1, 1, '| '&_StringRepeat(' ',$WidthPadding)&'>=^')
    sBuf_SetOperator($sOps,$b,$BottomPadding+2, 1, '>='&_StringRepeat('=',$WidthPadding)&'==^')

$Dim=_String_GetDimensions($sOps)
    $ConvW=$Dim[0]
    $ConvH=$Dim[1]
    $ConvOff=-($b-1)
    Return $sOps
EndFunc

Func _String_GetDimensions(ByRef $sOps)
    Local $Dim[2]=[0,0]
    Local $aOps=StringSplit($sOps,@LF)
    $Dim[1]=UBound($aOps)-1
    For $i=1 To $Dim[1]
        Local $Len=StringLen($aOps[$i])
        If $Dim[0]<$Len Then $Dim[0]=$Len
    Next
    Return $Dim
EndFunc

Func sBuf_SetLines(ByRef $sBuf,ByRef $aBuf,ByRef $uMax,ByRef $iBaseline,$iLineRel,ByRef $iPos,ByRef $iLine_out)
    $iLine_out=$iBaseline+$iLineRel
    If $iLine_out<1 Then
        While $iLine_out<1
            $sBuf=@LF&$sBuf
            ;MsgBox(0,'x','|'&$sBuf&'|')
            $iLine_out+=1
            $iBaseline+=1
            $uMax+=1
        WEnd
        $aBuf=StringSplit($sBuf,@LF)
    EndIf
    If $iLine_out>$uMax Then
        While $iLine_out>$uMax
            $sBuf&=@LF
            $uMax+=1
        WEnd
        $aBuf=StringSplit($sBuf,@LF); baseline didn't change
    EndIf
    If $iPos=0 Then $iPos=1
    If $iPos<0 Then
        Local $prepad=_StringRepeat(' ',-$iPos)
        $iPos=1
        For $i=1 To $uMax
            $aBuf[$i]=$prepad&$aBuf[$i]
        Next
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func sBuf_SetOperator(ByRef $sBuf,ByRef $iBaseline,$iLineRel,$iPos,$sOp)
    Local $aBuf=StringSplit($sBuf,@LF)
    Local $uMax=UBound($aBuf)-1
    Local $iLine
    sBuf_SetLines($sBuf,$aBuf,$uMax,$iBaseline,$iLineRel,$iPos,$iLine)
    ;sBuf_PadLines($aBuf,$uMax)
    Local $lOp=StringLen($sOp)
    Local $iLen=StringLen($aBuf[$iLine])
    Select
        Case $iLen<($iPos-1)
            $aBuf[$iLine]=$aBuf[$iLine]&_StringRepeat(' ',($iPos-1)-$iLen)&$sOp
        Case $iLen=($iPos-1)
            $aBuf[$iLine]=$aBuf[$iLine]&$sOp
        Case $iLen=$iPos
            $aBuf[$iLine]=StringLeft($aBuf[$iLine],$iPos-1)&$sOp
        Case $iLen>$iPos
            $aBuf[$iLine]=StringLeft($aBuf[$iLine],$iPos-1)&$sOp&StringMid($aBuf[$iLine],$iPos+$lOp)
    EndSelect

;_ArrayDisplay($aBuf)
    $sBuf=''
    For $i=1 To $uMax
        If $i=$uMax Then
            $sBuf&=$aBuf[$i]
        Else
            $sBuf&=$aBuf[$i]&@LF
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc

Edit: Input wasn't being converted, now it is.

Edit: Script now removes comments (ignored characters) from BF code before conversion [10:02 AM 7/28/2010]

Edit: Script now has an option to append comments in the BF code to the end of the AB code. [1:59 PM 7/28/2010]

Edited by crashdemons

Damn. That looks vicious. Like the script would eat small children or something. Good work!

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e