_IELinkGetCollection doesn't work for a frame

Hello,

I have been trying to get all the links in a particular frame using _IELinkGetCollection().

I'm attaching the piece of code which does the same.

$oLinks1=_IELinkGetCollection ($contentFrame)
For $oLink2 In $oLinks1
 If IsObj($oLink2) then 
    _IEAction($oLink2,"click")
 endif
next

With this i get the foll error:

"the requested action with this object has failed"

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Is it an iFrame, with sub-frames under that? You may not have drilled far enough down yet to get the link elements. Check out the links with DebugBar or another DOM inspector to see how deep they are buried.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Is it an iFrame, with sub-frames under that? You may not have drilled far enough down yet to get the link elements. Check out the links with DebugBar or another DOM inspector to see how deep they are buried.

I did try that... there are no more frames...

the actual code is this. Basically it crawls through all the links and then clicks them. The code works fine till a certain point and then it gets stuck and the throwes the error. This problem is not seen every time i run the code. Its intermittent and therefore i don't know where the exactly the problem is. Is it a bug in the code or is there a problem with the exchange server that i'm trying to crawl

oLinks1=_IELinkGetCollection ($contentFrame)
$iNumLinks1 = @extended
If @extended <> 0 Then
   For $oLink2 In $oLinks1
    If IsObj($oLink2) then 
        If StringInStr($oLink2.id,"new", 0) Or StringInStr($oLink2.id,"logoff", 0) Then
        ContinueLoop
    Else
            _IEAction($oLink2,"click")
        _IELoadWait($oIE)
    EndIf

Next 
EndIf

If clicking any of those links navigates the page somewhere else, or that or something else reloads\refreshes the page, then the objects become invalid and have to be retrieved over again. That would invalidate the objects in the $oLinks1 collection that haven't been used yet.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law