WARNING to developers on AVG 9

qwert

Developers!!! ... be aware that the latest version of AVG 9.0 Anti-virus software has default settings that DELETE compiled AutoIt scripts without any notice to the owner of the computer. They are tagged as "Infection ... Virus Identified Packed.AutoIt".

This is a HUGE boundary violation on AVG's part. They have no right to remove pieces of software from a user's machine ON THE SUSPICION that it's malware. AVG deleted seven critical scripts from my database application -- and found them on the application's archival directory and deleted them from there, as well. After determining the cause, I was able to restore them from their Virus Vault, but that's not something to require an end user to do.

If anyone has a suggestion of a way to get this resolved once and for all, please post.

In the mean time, advise your users NOT TO USE AVG PRODUCTS. AVG is causing end user applications to malfunction, and as I recall, that's one of the definitions of a virus.

• Moderators

qwert,

A bit over-dramatic, if I may say so. :mellow:

I use AVG 9 and I have set the defaults correctly to avoid this problem. Open the GUI and click on the "Resident Shield" icon. Then select the "Ask me before removing threats" radio rather than the "Remove all threats automatically" radio. Voila, problem solved! :lol:

And I have always found AVG most helpful in removing AutoIt very rapidly from their blacklist when they do (rarely) flag it as malware.

M23

P.S. No, I do not work for AVG, although I do have a good relationship with them as I have helped them debug a couple of problems in the past. :(

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area