Selecting objects in a SysListView32 control

OK, I think I'm closing in, a little on my problem which I first described in a previous thread.

The problem is really about selecting objects in a Windows 'SysListView32' control, which is similar to trying to open up the Control panel, and selecting an icon, before the icons are actually there.

Just like that example, the control opens with a 'searching flashlight' animated icon... and after a while (10-30 seconds, in the case of a Bluetooth device), the bluetooth icon appears, with the name of the device next to it. Normally, one would have to click on the icon to highlight it before the 'next' button in the Wizard becomes active (see this picture... it shows the icon AFTER I have manually clicked on it)

Posted Image

Using the AutoIt V3 Windows Info tool, I don't see any properties associated with the icon itself, whether clicked or not clicked... all the Info tool shows me is [CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE 1] which appears to refer to the control itself, not the icons within it.

So, the presumption is that I have to move the cursor to the icon, and execute a MouseClick... but, I can't do it until the icon actually appears, or else the script stalls.

Is there any way to identify the existence of the icon within the control, so I can wait until it appears before clicking it?

Learn to use the ControlListView() function (i.e. "GetItemCount"), or the _GuiCtrlListView_* functions of the GuiListView.au3 UDF (i.e. _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount())_.

(See help file.)

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law