How to change global Variables

Okay, first off, I'm new here, and I appreciate you guys setting up a forum for users like me :P

Anyway,

Here is my issue:

I am new and trying to make a script, however, I am having an issue I need help with. I want to have a full script, however based on the situation, you would need to run a different script for each, when I think that I could have the script auto-detect the situation and change itself accordingly.

For Instance

could I, say, do this?:

(Say I have 3 situations each needing their own script; "Script One", "Script Two", and "Script Three" -- "$Var" would be the situation parameter/id and would be numbered numerically. (Sorry for the OxyMoron :())

If $Var = 1 Then

<Copy&Paste of "Script One">

EndIf

If $Var = 2 Then

<Copy&Paste of "Script Two">

EndIf

If $Var = 3 Then

<Copy&Paste of "Script Three">

EndIf

Basically I would just be pasting my full 3 working scripts into a new script containing these three IF..Then statements in order to have the script recognize which (Sub)script to run??

Sorry if this is a stupid/unworthy question, but I've done my best to look all over and I've done trial and error, yet still no luck. :mellow:

I'm very new, as in I just downloaded AutoIT less than 2 days ago :lol:

As for what this is for (I read the rules): I don't want you to think I'm using this script for a malicious purpose, so I'll explain as best I can what it is. I would post it here, but my personal log in info is weaved inside in many many forms. Basically, it's a script to recognize which folder (on my Web-server) I am in (via File Manager) and retrieve my local changes to text and update the server-side version with my local text.. if that makes sense?? Anyhow, I am currently stuck using different working scripts for each folder/page which is 30+ scripts. So one self-servicing script would be a Godsend!

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks Again,

Eric

Edited by ericnail

folks might help if your script was further developed...

but from what you have i think this is what you want:

if $var = 1 then
function1()
endif

if $var = 2 then
function2()
endif

if $var = 3 then
function3()
endif

func function1()
[do stuff]
endfunc

func function2()
[do stuff]
endfunc

func function3()
[do stuff]
endfunc

good luck and welcome to autoit =)

Thanks for the Super-Fast Reply :mellow:

Well, basically what I am trying to do is take 3 working, full, scripts (which include IF,While, etc. statements) and place them all into the same script and have the script figure out which script to run?

Or even just have a loader that would recognize, then run the appropriate script.

-- I am using 3 as an example, i actually have roughly 34 scripts which will likely grow to an even larger number in time.

Thanks,

~Eric

Edited by ericnail

lookup "case" help file index

Wow! Thanks man, I looked at the select earlier and never thought of it again, but I believe this "Case" is exactly what I need :mellow:

You Rock,

Eric

Also, Is there a way to say for instance:

If $Variable1 <> X Then

Ignore $Variable1 for the remainder of script or until restarted

EndIf

if you're within a while loop you can exitloop

while 1

if $x = "bleh" then exitloop

wend

What does the "1" stand for?

Also, I have it check lines of text, like:

If <line1text> = <localtext> Then

exitloop

ElseIf cmd($replace text)

EndIf

If <line2text> = <localtext> Then

exitloop

ElseIf cmd($replace text)

EndIf

^^ do that for each line, obviously "ReplaceText" is not the right command, but you get the idea.

Would that work?

Edited by ericnail