Array variable

Hello,

I've been reading help files and looking for examples and have tried every single combination I can possible think of and I just can't seem to get this function to work. Can anyone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Please and thank you if you can help me out.

-Avery Howell

Global $d = 1 ; debug
Global $programsList = @ScriptDir & "\abox_priority_programs_list.txt"
Dim $programsArray
getPrograms()

Func getPrograms()
    _FileReadToArray($programsList, $programsArray)
    q("Inside getPrograms")
    For $x1x = 1 To $programsArray[0]
        q("FR2A: " & $programsArray[$x1x] & " [" & $x1x & "] (" & $programsArray[0] & ")")
        If (StringLeft($programsArray[$x1x], 1) == ";") Then
            If ($d) Then q("Ignoring Comment: " & $programsArray[$x1x] & " " & $x1x)
            Local $nsoa = _ArrayDelete($programsArray, $x1x)
            q("new size of array: " & $nsoa)
            $programsArray[0] = $nsoa ; not sure what to use this or the one below or the other combo's I tried
            ReDim $programsArray[$nsoa] ; not sure what to use this or the one below or the other combo's I tried
                        $programsArray[0] = $programsArray[$programsArray[1]] - 1 ; not sure :(
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>getPrograms

$programsList file contains:

; c1

ACCT05\athowell2*0*3

; c2

ErgoSuite.exe*0*0

;c3

Error Message from SciTe: (the error message always says something about the array but the line number and place it's used changes)

C:\abox\au3\abox_priority\abox_priority.au3 (137) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:

www.abox.orgAvery HowellVisit My AutoIt Websitehttp://www.abox.org

Hi,

your problem is the _ArrayDelete (). This causes to crash the for..loop, because it is running until $programsArray[0] -> Arraysize ! before ! deleting elements in your Loop.

So your loop adresses array elements which are not existent at runtime in between for .. loop.

Because i don't know exactly what output you want and i'm not in the mood, it's a hint. Change the logic of your loop, have a look at Do .. Until loop and Function UBound ().

This should give a new start.

;-))

Stefan

If you will be deleting elements in an array, walk it backwards. That way, deleted element don't impact future operations:

Func getPrograms()
    For $x1x = $programsArray[0] To 1 Step -1
        If (StringLeft(StringStripWS($programsArray[$x1x], 1), 1) == ";") Then _ArrayDelete($programsArray, $x1x) ; Delete comment lines
    Next
    $programsArray[0] = UBound($programsArray) - 1

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I'll look at the new start but still don't understand why it doesn't exist when I redim or adjust the value of [0]. The array delete function returns the new size of the array so I have the information I thought was needed to determine the proper size.

All I was trying to do was read a file to array but skip the lines that were comments and I make the comment lines start with a ";".

The file contains:

; c1 (array index 1)

ACCT05\athowell2*0*3 (array index 2)

; c2 (array index 3)

ErgoSuite.exe*0*0 (array index 4)

;c3 (array index 5)

I want to remove the lines that start with ";" so I used StringLeft w/ ";" to match.

The resulting array I'm trying to accomplish is:

ACCT05\athowell2*0*3 (array index 1)

ErgoSuite.exe*0*0 (array index 2)

Thanks for the new start idea I'll try to parse the file to array after it's full using the do loop and see if I end up with the same result. I think I have to redim the array if I re-size it or I get errors.

If you will be deleting elements in an array, walk it backwards. That way, deleted element don't impact future operations:

Func getPrograms()
        If (StringLeft(StringStripWS($programsArray[$x1x], 1), 1) == ";") Then _ArrayDelete($programsArray, $x1x) ; Delete comment lines
    Next

Clever one you are.....

You are my Hero!

Func getPrograms()
    Next