Anyway to set a customizable hotkey?

Title isnt too clear, so let me elaborate.

I want to create a button that allows a customizable hotkey to call a function. I know about hotkeyset("key", "function") but thats not what I'm interested in.

I want to make the hotkey itself a variable, like inputting a keystroke (variable) and pressing an "ok" button and that would make whatever key I pressed my new hotkey. Kind of like a hotkeyset("(variable)", "function").

I've been trying to get this all day.

HotKeySet("^.", "_SetHotKey") ; Calls function to set new hotkey
$key = "k"; Default Key to exit script

While 1

Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func _SetHotkey()

GUICreate("SetKey", 120, 80, -1, -1)
    $key = GUICtrlCreateInput($key, 10, 5, 40)
    $setKeyBtn = GUICtrlCreateButton("Set Key", 10, 30)
    GUISetState() ; display gui

While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $setKeyBtn Then

HotKeySet(GUICtrlRead($key), "_exit") ; redefine hotkey
            ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlRead($key) & @CRLF)
            GUIDelete()
            ExitLoop
        EndIf

WEnd

EndFunc

;function called when you press the user defined hotkey.
Func _exit()

Exit
EndFunc

That will work, if you want the user to be able to press CTRL+G (example) and then that convert to "^G" then you will need a little more code. Anyway, that should start you off.

They call me MrRegExpMan

I want to create a button that allows a customizable hotkey to call a function. I know about hotkeyset("key", "function") but thats not what I'm interested in.

I want to make the hotkey itself a variable, like inputting a keystroke (variable) and pressing an "ok" button and that would make whatever key I pressed my new hotkey. Kind of like a hotkeyset("(variable)", "function").

I took another approach and made a reusable function to let the user select hotkey modifier and main key from drop down lists. Once I got it perfected I use it in all my AutoIt3 hotkey utilities.

I have a similar dialog for selecting the background color if Glass is enabled on the system.

Check out the screen shot.

I took another approach and made a reusable function to let the user select hotkey modifier and main key from drop down lists. Once I got it perfected I use it in all my AutoIt3 hotkey utilities.

I have a similar dialog for selecting the background color if Glass is enabled on the system.

Check out the screen shot.

For the main key I use the AutoIt3 text as it's self-explanatory "{Home}" "{End}" "{Pause}"

for the modifier keys I use "Alt" "Control" "Shift" "WinKey" "ControlAlt" etc.

I just use a Select case to put "!" in the modifier key variable if the user selects "Alt" or "+!" for "ShiftAlt" etc... The hotkey variable itself I just concatenate the modifier with the main hotkey, with a little bit of error checking. It works out pretty well. Plus I just save the modifier and main parts of the current hotkey to .ini file.

post-31149-12682914875096_thumb.jpg