Exit Application while FileCopy or FileMove is working

Hello!

Suppose, that I have a very big file, and in AutoIt I move it with FileMove to "server".

It takes(for example) 30 seconds.

In script is registered: HotKeySet("{ESC}", "ToExit"), so when user presses ESC - Application will exit.

So the question is, what will happen with file on a server, if user will press ESC during file moving??

P.S I actually did a little bit searching and found out, that FileCopy is a wrapper of MSDN function CopyFileEx,

I've read a manual on that function in msdn, but I didn't noticed anything related to my question.

P.S.S sorry for my english

Any help woul be highly appreciated! :mellow: Tnx

Hi,

I just did a short test with a big file and it seems that FileCopy blocks all (instead of CTRL+PAUSE in Scite :-) )

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Ok. Another case, if autoit process would be terminated? :mellow:

Windows will first create the file on the target, and then copy. It looks that way, that the target file already exists, but if you terminate the script, the file will be corrupted. The same behaviour as you can see by downloads from the internet. If you click download, the file is there, but when you end the download before the file is complete, the file will be corrupted and will not run.

Mega

Edited by Xenobiologist

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times