Windows 7 compatibility - Au3Recorder

I have just installed the AutoIt v3.3.6 package onto a new Windows 7 Ultimate (64) laptop.

All seems fine...I was given the option of installing AutoIt 64-bit modules as required.

A minor issue..attempts to run Au3Recoder and immediately a pop up window appears simply containing the text 'DLL Load failure'.

I have attempted to call Au3recorder from both the SciTE pulldown menu and also directly executing both Au3Recoder.exe and Au3Recoder64.exe but I still get the same error.

Hi and Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like a anti-virus issue. If you have any anti-virus, disable it and try again.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

I temporarily disabled Comodo Firewall and AVG 9.0 and rebooted.

Logged on under Administrator and Au3Recorder_x64.exe stll displays 'DLL Load Error'

However Au3Recorder.exe now works.

I reinstated both AVG and Comodo and can successfully manually execute Au3Recorder.exe, but Au3Recorder_x64.exe definitely still fails either invoked manually or via the SciTE Tools pull down menu

• Developers

Does the directory ..\AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record contain: ASWhook.dll ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I am running it with Win7 X64 and have no issues. Only when I rename the Dll I get the error after clicking record.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This issue exists on Windows 7 x64 as well as Windows XP SP2 x64. I tried it on VMWare virtualized machines without any anti-virus, and it still show "DLL failed to load".

On Windows XP x86 machines however, the recorder function works fine. It looks definitely like a x64 bug.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here on Windows 7 (x64). I've tried it on my system after disabling AntiVirus

and I tried it on a VM with no AV installed.

In all attempts at installing, there is no shortcut created for AU3Record and manually

running Au3Record_x64.exe produces the "DLL load Failed" Error whenever I press the

'Click to Record' button.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem....

Workaround for me is to manually start the C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record\Au3Record.exe

It seems to work fine for me. (although I did not test it out thoroughly.)

If I will need the recorder more often, I will make a script that starts the 32b version :blink:

Edited by Montfrooij

• 3 months later...

I am having the same problem....

Workaround for me is to manually start the C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record\Au3Record.exe

It seems to work fine for me. (although I did not test it out thoroughly.)

If I will need the recorder more often, I will make a script that starts the 32b version :graduated:

It seems that Windows 7 needs that the "path" variable contains the path to Au3Record_x64.exe.

Proceed as follows:

Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Remote Settings ->

System Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables .

Modify the "path" variable by adding ";C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record" at the end of it.

DON'T ERASE ANYTHING AND CHECK THAT THE ";" CARACTER PRECEDES "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record" !!!

Now, you should be able to use Au3Record_x64.exe.

Regards.

Pierre

Edited by Pierre40a

• 7 months later...

Hello all you nice people:

In my path statement is this line:

C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Windows Imaging\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Extractor;C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Extractor\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record

In my: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record folder are the files :ASWhook.dll,Au3Record.exe and the Au3Record_x64.exe files.

I still can't get au3record_64.exe to Work on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Service Pack 1. What am doing wrong? I am getting the unable to load dll. Does this work with Service Pack 1? Thank you, John

Sounds nooby, but run as administrator.

So, reinstall AU3 running the installer as Admin

then when running SciTE as admin.

If you've already done this, sorry.

My ickle pieces of software :3Radio Scriptr //Almost completeSimple IP/URL pinger, my first program. //CompletedSimple Downloader // Working - basic stateOn-GoingRadio Scriptr - Radio Server.

• 1 month later...

Neither adding the program directory to the path nor running it as administrator helped for me. Note that in the Au3Record_x64.exe binary, the DLL name is "ASWhook_x64.dll" (as a Unicode string at offset 13598 in my version).

Copying the 32-bit DLL and renaming to this fails, so presumably it needs a 64-bit compiled version. Not sure where to get this, but it's no biggie for me (the code generated by Au3Recorder looked a bit brittle).

Edited by exolon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This may be due to Win7 x 64 directory name. For some reason it does not like names with "(" or ")" - so C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3 is not acceptable.

Try using C:\Program Files x86\AutoIt3 as the install directory and see what happens!!

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...