Timer on key hold

I setup a script that cycles through 3 programs with the press of a button on my remote. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it so when that button is held down it powers down which ever of the 3 apps are running. I already have the "shut down" script working. I just need help determining if the button has been pushed briefly, or it has been held down. Does anyone have an example script on this, or some advice on how to do it? I'm stumped...

Edited by mud409

I setup a script that cycles through 3 programs with the press of a button on my remote. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it so when that button is held down it powers down which ever of the 3 apps are running. I already have the "shut down" script working. I just need help determining if the button has been pushed briefly, or it has been held down. Does anyone have an example script on this, or some advice on how to do it? I'm stumped...

"..button on my remote." What's that?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

can you use _Timer_Diff and _IsPressed if its kboard key?

If your talking about TV remote controler or something similar try to scan changing values on software with Cheat Engine (when the button is down and up) , take memory adress and read memory in loop with _Timer_Diff.

On similar methods i extended remote functions on my KWorld tuner remote controler.

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

The remote is bound to a keyboard, so scripting this would be the same as a keyboard. _isPressed is right about what I need, thanks for the function. If anyone has an example script for this, I'd appreciate it.