Tab Items over background picture

Hello all,

I appreciate the help from my last posting. this forum is great.

I have placed a picture to be a background on an interface, and can get other items to work by creating them after the picture and disbling the picture, as shown below. But Tab Items do not show properly over background pic, unless I am doing something wrong. Any pointers for Tabs? Below is a excerpt of the pertinent portion. Everything else in my code is for other items that are working.

;Create the form

GuiCreate("KCI's CAD/CAE Installation Program", 560, 358)

;Place a background image, disabling it so controls on top will work

GUICtrlCreatePic ("G:\uSTN\Installs\AutoIt\CAE_Image2.jpg", 0, 0, 560, 358)

GuiCtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)

; TABS

GuiCtrlCreateTab(325, 120, 150, 70)

GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("One")

GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Two")

GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Three")

Karl Sumwalt

A picture in the background will help nothing, simply because the tab gui overlaps and will create huge errors.What I suggest is a series of gui's or just put the image inside one tab.

GuiCtrlCreateTab(325, 120, 150, 70)

GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("One")

GUICtrlCreatePic(blahblah)

GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Two")

GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Three")

Than kyou for the suggestion. The picture background takes up the entire form, while the tab areas would take up a small prtion of the form. Your suggestion is a way to make this work, where the tab items would be the size of the entire form, using the same background image in each tab item. I am looking to have tab items smaller than the image as there are other common controls I want to be dsipayed at all times. I am looking to have a tab item sized similar to the example form in the Help File under the GUI Concepts heading.

Karl

OK, got it.  Basically, By Design, tabs can't overlap items, especially pictures.

Thank you for the information.

Karl

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Overlap as stated above can be bad. But if you GUICtrlSetState($pic, $GUI_DISABLE) it can work

Overlap as stated above can be bad. But if you GUICtrlSetState($pic, $GUI_DISABLE) it can work

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't that the same as the GuiCtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) I have right after the creation of the picture?

Karl

Isn't that the same as the GuiCtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) I have right after the creation of the picture?

Karl

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right I write $pic in case of you write in your code $pic=GUICtrlCreatePic(...

and you want to GuiCtrlSetState not just after. :(

Edit: sorry I din't see you already did it in your first post so the answer is it is not working :(

Edited by jpm

• 5 years later...