help with making pinger script

hello all,

i suffer from reaily bad net were i live. im trying to build a script that stays alive, so then the program starts in the morring it writes to a file saying net online and as soon as it drops off it writes to the same file again saying off line. But i also want to keep looking for the netagain after it has droped off so it then can reedit the file at put online at this time. sorry if this is all over the place.

here is what i have come up with.

#include <Date.au3>
$date =  _DateTimeFormat( _NowCalc(),1)
$file = 0
$info = (", "&$date&" "&"AT: "&@HOUR&","&@MIN)
$var = Ping("www.google.co.uk",250)
If @error = 0 Then
    $text = ("Online, roundtrip was: "&$var&$info&@CRLF)
    write()
Else
    $text = ("**************** OFFLINE, Connection Lost "&$info&"***********************"&@CRLF)
    write()
EndIf

While 1

WEnd

Func write()
    $file = ("\\192.168.0.2\usb1\Resuilts.txt")
    FileOpen($file,1)
    FileWrite ($file, $text)
    FileClose($file)
EndFunc

Hi,

just think about, where your code is running: Once written to your file and then running in your while loop -> nothing happens there.

So just put your statment for checking the inet in your while loop:

While 1
    If @error = 0 Then
        write("Online, roundtrip was: "&$var&" ms "&@MDAY&"."&@MON&"."&@YEAR&" "&@HOUR&":"&@MIN&":"&@SEC&@CRLF)
    Else
        write("**************** OFFLINE, Connection Lost "&@MDAY&"."&@MON&"."&@YEAR&" "&@HOUR&":"&@MIN&":"&@SEC&"***********************"&@CRLF)
    EndIf
    ;sleep 1 min and check again, change if you want to
    Sleep (60000)
WEnd

Func write($text)
    FileOpen($file,1)
    FileWrite ($file, $text)
    FileClose($file)
EndFunc

I also change your function write; and $info is 'built' with autoit macro variables.

;-))

Stefan

Edited by 99ojo

ah ok one more question please that works geate how can i change it so that it dones not write every min. it only wites if the connection is there when it fist starts and then records if and then writes if it dorops or it writes again once it has come back.

• Developers

ah ok one more question please that works geate how can i change it so that it dones not write every min. it only wites if the connection is there when it fist starts and then records if and then writes if it dorops or it writes again once it has come back.

you are sure you are from the UK?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

hope this helps :

dim $LastState

If @error = 0 Then
    $LastState = 0;
    write("Online, roundtrip was: "&$var&" ms "&@MDAY&"."&@MON&"."&@YEAR&" "&@HOUR&":"&@MIN&":"&@SEC&@CRLF)
Else
    $LastState = 1;
    write("**************** OFFLINE, Connection Lost "&@MDAY&"."&@MON&"."&@YEAR&" "&@HOUR&":"&@MIN&":"&@SEC&"***********************"&@CRLF)
EndIf

While 1
        if ( not @error = $LastState ) Then  
            If @error = 0 Then
                $LastState = 0;
            Else
                $LastState = 1;
            EndIf
        EndIf
    ;sleep 1 min and check again, change if you want to
    Sleep (60000)
WEnd

Func write($text)
    FileOpen($file,1)
    FileWrite ($file, $text)
    FileClose($file)
EndFunc

Update:

you can remove Sleep (60000) to make the script log the changes promptly.

Edited by fardjad