Batch conversion tool

I need help to start a script-tool for Batch conversion to automate process of converting 3D models from one format to another.

I am using application UltimateUnwrap and I have folder with some 30 models in fbx format.

I need to convert them to obj format (f.e) so I need script which will call window to make some export settings first and then process all models from folder and save them as obj in same folder.

Maybe there is some simmilar script available :(

As I am completely new with Autoit I am willing to even hire some good programmer to make me such a script.

If you can help me please contacte me at info@dexsoft-games.com

Thank you

• Moderators

dexsoft,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :(

I need help to start

If you want to learn how to use AutoIt, then reading the Help file (at least the first few sections - Using AutoIt, Tutorials and the first couple of References) will help you enormously. You should also look at the excellent tutorials that you will find here and here - you will find other tutorials in the Wiki (the link is at the top of the page). There are even video tutorials on YouTube if you prefer watching to reading.

I am willing to even hire some good programmer to make me such a script

If you want code written for you, then you need to try RentACoder. Here we expect you to have had a go at solving your problems beforehand. Think of the old saying: "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; give a man a net and you feed him forever". We try to be net makers and repairers, not fishmongers.

Over to you. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Yes

this is very nice said but I really dont have time to learn AutoIt. One frend recommend it to me that I can try to make such a tool, but I am just proecupied with current bussines :)

I badly need that tool :( to simplify my process of converting models.

I thought that here I could find someone to help me and make me that tool.

Just tried the ultimateunwrap now with its demo version. Since I was not having the fbx/obj format I couldn't start anything but it seems quite possible what you want. I cannot offer extended help since I do not have a valid licence key to do the file operations.

I wrote that just like example.

I need to convert one (usually LWO) format to 10 other formats so because of that it is very very hard to do that by hand. Imagine 30-50 model into 10 formats. That is couple of thousands of clicks.

If you really interested to help me please contact me on email or here because I have valid licence.

But also you can try with any format which is available in demo. I think there are 3-4 formats available in demo version so you can try to make any-to-any format conversions and we can just adopt it to real formats if that works.

So what I need is to have one window where I will have those 10 buttons. When I click for example OBJ button, I will get new same settings window like I have in program to setup options for obj export. When you choose those few check buttons program will process all files in folder with same setings for obj. UltimateUnwrap is good because it remembers when you setup export options so you need to setup only for first model, then settings are remebered for next model.

So far I worked with hand. Load LWO model and press SaveAs. Then standard saveAs window apear and I need to choose format to save (in my case OBJ), whne I press save I get settings windows where I have basic settings for OBJ export. Whne I select some check boxes from there and press OK model i saved. But as I said for all next models from folder settings are remembered so I need to setup only first time and then just press ok on save.

Thnx

Edited by dexsoft

whatever Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

I reall dont have desire to learn how to fish because I am not programer and it is another planet for me :(

I just need that tool if someone from this forum want to program it for me, of course not for free.

Edited by dexsoft

• Moderators

dexsoft,

For the second time - go and ask on RentACoder.

We do not provide code for hire here and do not take kindly to those who continue to ask after having been told.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I just foundout that AutoIt have AU3Recorder which can record all mouse clicks. I will play with it a little maybe I will learn at the end :(

I didnt want to offend anyone. Sorry about this, only I am tired of pressing saveAs million times and I am searching for sollution.

Thnx anyway.

whatever Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

I just foundout that AutoIt have AU3Recorder which can record all mouse clicks. I will play with it a little maybe I will learn at the end :(

I didnt want to offend anyone. Sorry about this, only I am tired of pressing saveAs million times and I am searching for sollution.

Thnx anyway.

its simple: Either learn yourself or pay to get it done for you.

hope you understand the hit here because its a little annoying the way your post your question.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)