[Solved] dircreate() return bug

$DirCreate = DirCreate('/')
ConsoleWrite($DirCreate & @CRLF); Returns 1

$DirCreate = FileExists('/')
ConsoleWrite($DirCreate & @CRLF)

Success: Returns 1.

Failure: Returns 0 if there is an error creating the directory.

The problem is that if I have tons of lines of code & tons of consolewrite() return values, it will return 1 & I will think that folder creation was successful & waist my time searching for a problem somewhere else. It took me almost a whole hour to figure out why was my code bugged.

So if possible plz fix it. Ty.

Edit same problem goes for FileExists

Edited by goldenix
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

Hi,

your example is not for testing.

This works perfect:

$DirCreate = DirCreate(@ScriptDir & "\testfolder")
$DirCreate = FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\testfolder")
ShellExecute ("explorer.exe", @ScriptDir & "\testfolder")

You should post reproducable example. Otherwise i don't know where your problem is

;-))

Stefan

my sample was intentional:

$DirCreate = DirCreate('/Flowers gallry II/')
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

whatever Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...