Autoit IPC Array

Desu

I have been working at this just about all day now and have searched around many times but have thus far been unable to find an answer.

I am trying to implement IPC (Inter-Process Communication) in a way that lets a two-dimensional array being maintained/updated by one script (Script A) is available for a second script (Script :( to read values from. I have searched around and seen implementations of IPC for Autoit such as MailSlot, mmap, and SQLite, but so far all of these seem overly complicated -- though I could be wrong there.

Anyone have advice concerning the best way to go about this? I would even be happy to just have a memory address for the Script A's array and the structure of the array in memory so that I could use NomadMemory to read the values that way.

Thanks

Edited by Desu

Here you have several options. You can write to the registry, you can use "comau3.au3"(search it), you can constantly write to a file, you can network them together with event driven TCP or UDP and have them send data back and fourth via network requests. Also you might wanna search "global variables" as I believe there is a way to declare your own global(system wide) variables.

When I need two scripts to communicate i use comau3 or local networking.

like this

ScriptB ---(request for $array)---> ScriptA

ScriptA -> Processes array into a string with seperators("|") ---(sends $array in string format)--->ScriptB

ScriptB -> (re-assembles Array)

OR

ScriptB ---(request for $array[1])---> ScriptA

ScriptA -> ---(sends $array[1] as a string)--->ScriptB

ScriptB -> (receives $array[1]'s data)

Hope this helps.

[center][/center][center]=][u][/u][/center][center][/center]