Modifying compiled script.

I have a few questions.

Is it possible to move the location of the AU3 script data within the compiled script?

Its a resource I assume and renaming would move it and hex editing would modify how the exe looks for it?

Furthermore, creating a dump of the file when its in mem using a debugger and them upxing that would freeze it when the script is already loaded into memory,correct?

If this is correct it is no longer in the file's resource's and therefore can not be directly found.... correct?

This also would allow hex editing of of of certain script specifics.... right?

Any answers would be appreciated.

[center][/center][center]=][u][/u][/center][center][/center]

• Moderators

IchBistTod,

This is meant as a friendly post, so please accept it in that manner. :(

Can I remind you immediately of the EULA section where it states:

- Reverse engineering. You may not reverse engineer or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or compiled scripts that were created with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

Your first point definitely falls foul of that section and is, therefore, not permitted.

I would also suggest that you search the forum a little. Such questions have been asked before and have always ended in tears for those who asked. :)

My advice: forget it, or most certainly do NOT ask publicly on the forum for help on how to do such things. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I was not aware the creating a memory dump was in any way reverse engineering...in fact I am quite sure its not as no modification is made,if this degree of modifying its interactionor if the first point I brought up breaks EULA then I would agree that efmc(and any other program that is a wrapped for autoit executables and executes them from memory or modifies the way they execute in any way) and upx both do, one is openly available on AU3 forums, and the other used with every distro of autoit.

Such were theoretical questions anyways.

And still attempting to be friendly.

Why are we not allowed to discuss ways to protect our work that the devs will not do themselves?

It would not be difficult for them to add a EULA exception if they cant even protect the scripts for us.

The EULA is there to enforce rules against us, but yet its okay for us to break it if it falls in their acceptance category?

And protecting our work which they can not, does not fall in that such category?

Edited by IchBistTod

[center][/center][center]=][u][/u][/center][center][/center]

First i dont see the point of posting this heare becose it dont have anything to do with scripting

Why are we not allowed to discuss ways to protect our work that the devs will not do themselves?

Noone can protect anyones work, everything can b broken, autoit c++ vb net java (you name it), telling that devs do not protect your work is dumb, do you see anyone complaining that on c++ forums that their devs dont protect c++ programing?!! Protecting your work with hex editing and posting in this forums is open window for other dumbasses that can take someones dumb idea to edit other people work and edit it.

If you did not understand what i tolded you than simpler explanation to "Why are we not allowed to discuss ways to protect our work that the devs will not do themselves?" is:

This is not your forum, you do not own this forum, you dont write rules in it, you respect them and make sugestions on normal bases that can b suported from others users or devs. If you know the way that can protect your work with another autoi script and dont brake EULA in the process then example script is your part of forum. If its not with another autoit script and dont brake EULA that it is not autoit related topic and you shud not post it heare (you have other parts of forum for thatone). If its not or is with another autoit script and it brake EULA then we dont whant to know.

It would not be difficult for them to add a EULA exception if they cant even protect the scripts for us.

The EULA is there to enforce rules against us, but yet its okay for us to break it if it falls in their acceptance category?

And protecting our work which they can not, does not fall in that such category?

They arent in obligation to protect your work, but still that is there for the reasons mentoned above. The only thing that can protect your work almost 100% on any language is to delite your work after you create it. And to delite your work after you create it dont brake EULA. :( Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

If you want to break the EULA, go do it somewhere else. I'm not going to sit by and let you break the AutoIt EULA on the official AutoIt forum and get away with it - even if it is for the so-called "greater good". Reverse engineering is reverse engineering no matter the intention.

Do not PM me with further explanations.