AU3 DLL Extension

IchBistTod

People, don't be that strict with him: he's only 16 (a child, if you want). He made quite an effort, invested a lot of work - it is somehow understandable he gets overexcited and expects admiration from the others. Now, after those others don't recognize his excellence, he's frustrated.

IchBistTod, there's no reason to take critics personally. Take them as a free lesson, improve your skills and next time you will get your applause.

I am from Germany.

I do not know about American, but In germany, there is a fine line between insult, and criticism. And Trancexx crossed that line in a person message then in this thread.

[center][/center][center]=][u][/u][/center][center][/center]

" Hey! Storing the key inside the exe. Very secure indeed."

Wrong, again, learn to read through through the thread. An embedded dll will be call used the winproc method. the dll will only allow itself to be executed from memory from a compiled AU3 script with a special overlay. Therefore if the script is decompiled they cant initially get the source code. In face without knowing exactly how the dll decodes the text and the function processes it, it will be no trivial process, as decompiling code these days is.

Wow! Have you presented this idea to microsoft, adobe and other big companies? I think they would love to see your fantastic solution to stop reverse engineering.

Here's something to think about: Anyone can view the source of the encrypted code within seconds with such tools as cheat engine or any other tool that allows you view a process memory as it's running.

Opening up the embedded dll in a dissembler would make it really, really trivial to remove any form of protection. For example, trancexx, whom you like to bash can reverse engineer your code just by looking at the hex code. Think about that!

/thread

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

trancexx has been far less insulting than you have to others, the language and the developers. Nobody is going to buy the "I'm the victim here" routine.

My suggestion to you is either drop your project because it's not going to be as great as you think or see it through to the end where you'll realize the same thing (or perhaps not based on what I've seen so far). However, if you can't respond to these rather obvious criticisms with anything but insults and vitriol I suggest you go elsewhere to work on the project and come back when you have something to demonstrate that will change the world.

As for making AutoIt compiled, I am sure its been requested several times over the years, and I am sure its work beyond that able to be accomplished in your "free-time", and that is perfectly understandable.

It is not the question of costs, it is the concept. I would never expect AutoIt to be like "compiled" languages, because it was made for scripting. The tasks AutoIt is purposed for don't require compilation units and byte code, in most cases it would be even an obstacle.

If you want to write "real" native applications you just need a different development system.

Therefore if the script is decompiled they cant initially get the source code. In face without knowing exactly how the dll decodes the text and the function processes it, it will be no trivial process, as decompiling code these days is.

But what should this accomplish in the end? Hiding your source code from the others brings no security nor protection of intellectual property for that matter. The PGP is the best example: the code is published, is it more insecure because of that? Of course not. Do the authors suffer from undernourishment or are they jobless? Again, no.

Security is founded in good concepts, algorithms and implementation not in obscurity. Intellectual property on the other hand grows with your personal knowledge, skills and capabilities, source code is secondary and making secret of it doesn't increase your assets.

UDFS & Apps:

Spoiler

DDEML.au3 - DDE Client + Server
Localization.au3 - localize your scripts
TLI.au3 - type information on COM objects (TLBINF emulation)
TLBAutoEnum.au3 - auto-import of COM constants (enums)
AU3Automation - export AU3 scripts via COM interfaces
TypeLibInspector - OleView was yesterday

Coder's last words before final release: WE APOLOGIZE FOR INCONVENIENCE 

The point is regardless not everyone is like trancexx, the majority of people who decompile au3 scripts drag and drop them on 3rd party decompilers.

The idea is most people can not do what she can do, she is very skilled.

Also even if I were to protect its memory from being read by killing any process attempting to probe at its memory we still have the issue of dll injection, which I am aware there is source code to inject DLLs on this forum, as I have used it on Combat Arms before.

None the less I am going to continue my project regardless of what you all think and anything I run into I will work until I overcome, I have had some projects take me a year or so, that I keep private, this one however I thought would be good for the public.

I will work until it is finished, even if those that help me slowly fade away, and it will be a great improvement. Otherwise I would have never released it into the forums here.

You all with all this stress have made me smoke 2 packs now, getting quite expensive.....

Bipolar, Schizo, DID/MPD, OCD, ADD, ADHD, Insomnia, Sociopath, Generalized Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Separation Anxiety. Whew.

Yeah welcome to my life, wonder why I am a bit touchy when people make comments that are borderline between being insults and constructive criticism after already insulting me in a PM and then when I get angry when someone unknowing of the situation runs in to their defense? Granted the correct thing to do would have been to inform them of the situation and ask them to cease and desist, but somethings it quite difficult to control ones actions when one has more disorders than fingers. Yes Trancexx might be more knowledgeable than me in some areas but she has no right to shoot down my ideas until I have failed, because no matter what she can not predcit the future, and I will not be told what I am not capable of. Further more I apologize for the turbulence, but I think we all just need to calm down.

It is not the question of costs, it is the concept. I would never expect AutoIt to be like "compiled" languages, because it was made for scripting. The tasks AutoIt is purposed for don't require compilation units and byte code, in most cases it would be even an obstacle.

If you want to write "real" native applications you just need a different development system.

But what should this accomplish in the end? Hiding your source code from the others brings no security nor protection of intellectual property for that matter. The PGP is the best example: the code is published, is it more insecure because of that? Of course not. Do the authors suffer from undernourishment or are they jobless? Again, no.

Security is founded in good concepts, algorithms and implementation not in obscurity. Intellectual property on the other hand grows with your personal knowledge, skills and capabilities, source code is secondary and making secret of it doesn't increase your assets.

No but persay autoit is without a doubt a wonderful language, it harvests the power of C++(even if its a bit slower, which can be made up for with proper syntax), and allow for Rapid Application Development. Many people use AutoIt like a normal programming language and make applications and authentication systems with it, and some may even make a profit off this. Either way this is THEIR intellectual property and no one else has the right to steal is and call it their own, or break the authentication system and use the program for free.

Either way this is THEIR intellectual property and no one else has the right to steal is and call it their own, or break the authentication system and use the program for free.

Well, stealing is wrong, nobody will disagree. However, obfuscation improves the defense against the thieves only marginally (for my part I've been able to decompile anything I needed to - mostly because the source code was lost).

As for security, what would you prefer in your house door: a lock the mechanism of that is top secret but the manufacturer declares unbreakable or a lock with designs available to public and that is therefore PROVED to be unbreakable as hundreds of lock-pickers studied the designs and failed after all.

UDFS & Apps:

Spoiler

Quite frankly my code has no place here.

Those who are "knowledgeable" have no faith in it, and noobs would only leech it.

I view this Hitler ruling Germany.

He was not from Germany, His ideas were outrageous, but look how far he got.

Not by any means saying what he did was good, no was he did was terrible, but none the less, what one man did was amazing, and with the speed he did it was astounding.

IMHO:

I always thought it stood for Honest :(:)

This is the thing about abbreviations, their meaning variates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imho#IM

IMNSHO

UDFS & Apps:

Spoiler

You're also evidently french. Surrender already.

I did'nt know this kind of post could be left on this Forum !

85 years old ? Didn't you forgot Xenophobic , in your profile ?

This post is just here to see if any moderator is there ...

Fighting again a 16 y.o. big mouth called "I'mDead" ... with this kind of arguments !!!

I hope to be wiser in your age

And for you "I'mDead", Trancexx didn't cross any line except in your head...

You did it many times as I just did 3 lines upper and JRowe in his post.

85 years old ? Didn't you forgot Xenophobic , in your profile ?

Chill out! It was a Joke, people should be able to tell jokes about different cultures without being bashed.

Btw, "xenophobic" is an imaginary word used when people runs out of arguments. It means nothing.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Chill out! It was a Joke, people should be able to tell jokes about different cultures without being bashed.

Btw, "xenophobic" is an imaginary word used when people runs out of arguments. It means nothing.

Xenophobic : "one unduly fearful of what is foreign and especially of people of foreign origin"

Sorry, just dont like the taste of this kind of jokes.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok , i found how to use it

but it don't work like the original script was wrote (i had a script with a gui and some complex functions) its gives some errors and i have no idea why. (the gui is loaded but not in full)

Edited by mrbig1479