Mouse Move

when use a MouseMove(x,y,_) it actually, move the mouse, the pointer just stays there.

Despite the fact that I'm not quite sure about what you're trying to say, I checked it and the following works fine for me:

$RandomX=Random(0,@DesktopWidth,1)
$RandomY=Random(0,@DesktopHeight,1)
MsgBox(0,"MouseMove()","Pressing OK will result in your mouse being moved to " & $RandomX & " , " & $RandomY)
MouseMove($RandomX, $RandomY)

basically i'm trying to do a demo of some software for a video, so i want to "see" the mouse pointer move.

i have this thus far

WinActivate("My Software") ; makes "My Software" the focused window

Sleep(1000) ;pauses the script, start record here, adjust the sleep time in seconds

WinWaitActive("My Software")

MouseMove(400, 345, 0) ; sets the starting positon in the middle of the screen
MouseMove(85, 405, 35) ; moves to the "sales order" tab,

ControlClick("My Software", "", "[NAME:expMain]", "primary", 1, 84, 405) ; clicks the "sales order" tab

MouseMove(65, 60, 35)

ControlClick("My Software", "", "[NAME:expMain]", "primary", 1, 65, 60) ; clicks the "sales order" link

but when i use the MouseMove() the pointer doesn't "move", i want to see it moving about the screen.

your script does work, im just not sure why mine doesn't

Edited by redLabel

And you still haven't posted any example code to show your problem. For example, did you notice the third parameter in MouseMove()? What values did you use for speed?

:(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law