Good Obfuscator

Is there a UDF that will completely Obfuscate autoit source code.

Possibly to the point where editing it will break the Obfuscated code so it no longer works?

If not, just any sort of Obfuscation UDF?

Thanks.

Edited by IchBistTod

[center][/center][center]=][u][/u][/center][center][/center]

There are obfuscation scripts available, however it's not possible to obfuscate it to the point where any editing would break the script. On a related note: compiling your script can be done as well, so it's not a foolproof way of securing your code either.

Basically, you can make your code a pain to read, but that's about it. It will always be technically possible to return your code to a readable format - the most you can do is make it a painful process.

Edited by Fulano

#fgpkerw4kcmnq2mns1ax7ilndopen (Q, $0); while ($l = <Q>){if ($l =~ m/^#.*/){$l =~ tr/a-z1-9#/Huh, Junketeer's Alternate Pro Ace /; print $l;}}close (Q);[code] tag ninja!

There are obfuscation scripts available, however it's not possible to obfuscate it to the point where any editing would break the script. On a related note: compiling your script can be done as well, so it's not a foolproof way of securing your code either.

Basically, you can make your code a pain to read, but that's about it. It will always be technically possible to return your code to a readable format - the most you can do is make it a painful process.

I am aware of the less than secure method of compiling.

in the compiler, there is an option to Obfuscate the code.

I need it as an addon in udf format in combination with encryption.

I plan to make some pieces of code impossible to return to text, or a lot closer than any option available right now.

WITHOUT breaking EULA,or even in a questionable manner.

The good Obfuscater is simply to make the code difficult as h*ll to read if someone managed to decrypt it.

My method already flaunts 3rd party decompilers(without additional work by the user), already shrinking the number of people able to crack our work.

I am aware of the less than secure method of compiling.

Just wanted to make sure you weren't wasting your time chasing impossibilities :(

The big problem you are going to run into is that eventually it's going to have to be in some form where the interpreter can use it, which is a big weak point for the security of interpreted languages.

#fgpkerw4kcmnq2mns1ax7ilndopen (Q, $0); while ($l = <Q>){if ($l =~ m/^#.*/){$l =~ tr/a-z1-9#/Huh, Junketeer's Alternate Pro Ace /; print $l;}}close (Q);[code] tag ninja!

Just wanted to make sure you weren't wasting your time chasing impossibilities :(

The big problem you are going to run into is that eventually it's going to have to be in some form where the interpreter can use it, which is a big weak point for the security of interpreted languages.

Yes, I am pondering the idea.

I am thinking of encrypting with a dll embedded in AU3 script without any headers. Making it next to impossible to make into a .dll file.

Also making the dll only work if it is ran from memory, and from compiled au3 script.

Also thinking about making some sort of wrapper for au3 scripts that only the dll will accept in that format.

But here I am looking for obfuscater.

AFAIK what I gave you is what is available. Otherwise, you can use the search function in the forum to see if anyone else made one. You could also use StringToBinary, BinaryToString, _StringToHex and _HexToString to add to the confusion. If you do this, your script may take a performance hit. I'm not sure how much, but then nobody has seen your code so that is a guess.

AFAIK what I gave you is what is available. Otherwise, you can use the search function in the forum to see if anyone else made one. You could also use StringToBinary, BinaryToString, _StringToHex and _HexToString to add to the confusion. If you do this, your script may take a performance hit. I'm not sure how much, but then nobody has seen your code so that is a guess.

The method i employ already uses stringtobinary + encryption :(

ty for your info though.