Rename all running and future processes immediately

Hi guys! Any help with this would be really appreciated...

Im looking for a simple way to immediately rename all running processes and window titles and also rename all future processes window titles also.. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks alot! :(

Grayfox

I dont see why someone need to rename all the wins and all the processes, that is almos equivalent to hiding processes, and hiding processes is not to be discussed on this forum.

So what's the legal side of doing this assuming that it can be done?

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Hey bogQ, I can understand where youre coming from - what I am asking can be seen as similar to hiding processes however this is completely not what I am after :(.

Heres the full details:

At the university I go to, the IT's have this unspoken rule - If you theres not too many of you playing games in the labs and it doesnt get out of hand, its alright (After they go home though!). So me and a bunch of guys play after they go home -- except they have this system which looks for specific window titles eg. "Counter-Strike" and bans you for like 2 hours if it finds that window title. I have seen a software that could rename all running window titles and if you launch another software after it was run, it would instantly rename its title, however its use was rather limited.. So I thought id ask if its possible!

As I said, I completely understand your concern, and this is legitimate. :)

Edited by GrayFox

Use any hex editor and patch windows and dialog names, rename the executable and you should be fine.

BTW you should study instead of playing, but that's your problem.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Thanks jchd! :( And for the studying advice too :) hehe..

Btw is there any way to do this in AutoIt? For example, _WinAPI_SetWindowText ? Hmm.. I might run a few tests soon and see if I can get that going. If not, I will definetely give a hex-editor a go.

EDIT: I just realised that a hex-edit is permanent.. thats actually a great idea.. Thank you once again :)

Edited by GrayFox