Using Auto to make a program start? Newbie here

Basically im at a company and I want to make this program easier for people to use. Basically you log into it, I need a couple buttons pressed and thats it. Im new to autoit but it seems very powerful and maybe can do what I need it to. But I would like to automate the login, and button presses so the users dont have to do it (Lets just say after working in the IT profession, I dont trust users to do these correctly, haha)

Is this something that autoit can handle? And if so is there some documentation or info here that I can start to look at, I was browsing around and didnt quite see anything that would help me. But if anyone could give me something to start on I would really appreciate it! thanks!

The command you want to start with is either Run() or ShellExecute(). AutoIt can handle this kinda thing no problem, you've come the the right place.

#fgpkerw4kcmnq2mns1ax7ilndopen (Q, $0); while ($l = <Q>){if ($l =~ m/^#.*/){$l =~ tr/a-z1-9#/Huh, Junketeer's Alternate Pro Ace /; print $l;}}close (Q);[code] tag ninja!

The command you want to start with is either Run() or ShellExecute(). AutoIt can handle this kinda thing no problem, you've come the the right place.

cool I found this tutorial with notepad

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/tutorials/notepad/notepad.htm

and it seems like I would start it the same way. which would solve pretty much the first half of my issue.

But for the second part, I need a couple buttons to be pressed, whats the easiest way to do this? Is there a way to search for the buttons, or will I have to use the xy coordinates? It seems that the XY coordinates might mess with with people running different resolutions? Thanks for the quick reply!

and it seems like I would start it the same way. which would solve pretty much the first half of my issue.

But for the second part, I need a couple buttons to be pressed, whats the easiest way to do this? Is there a way to search for the buttons, or will I have to use the xy coordinates? It seems that the XY coordinates might mess with with people running different resolutions? Thanks for the quick reply!

Look up controls in the help file that comes with Autoit, it is better than mouseclicks.

Start the program that you want to click buttons on.

Start AutoIt window info tool.

mouseover the buttons you want to click

press ctrl+alt+f

check autoit window info tool specifically the tab that say "control"

if you get a control ID # listed all you have to do is use controlclick() function

Good luck,

Feel free to post your findings.

What are we going to do tonight Brain?Same thing we do every night Pinky try to automate the world.

Awesome! thanks for all the info and starting links, it seems like it will be a create place to start looking and writing something up. I know its annoying with newbies asking about things already documented, but this gives me a create starting point! thanks all